I am all for quality but $1200 for a mirror ??? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

YoYoHo

BJZ43 for Me !
SILVER Star
Threads
Has anyone else seen the FJ 40 mirrors sold by the FJ Compnay

FJCO Signature Mirrors

$1200 for them and they even have the following awesome details
  • Offered without technical support or manual
  • Cannot be returned

Has the world gone crazy ......

Mirror.PNG

Yeah, I follow them on Instagram and asked about their mirrors before they were recently made available. While they are fine works of art, and I’ve never been adverse to paying $$$ for great quality, $1200 bones is waaaay over the top. If they had been $300-$400 I would buy a set for my resto.

I’m almost certain I could get something custom made, that’s just as nice, made at a local machine shop I deal with.

I won’t knock FJCO though because if they can get that price, more power to them.

No problem, when you remove the doors for summer cruising the mirrors are off anyhow.

No problem, when you remove the doors for summer cruising the mirrors are off anyhow.
Some of us live in Satan’s armpit (Houston, TX) and I know once my rig is done, the doors won’t come off because the AC will be blasted.

They don’t look all that different from the Toyota Euro spec mirrors you can buy from City Racer for a fraction of that price.

@Racer65

Last edited:
Those mirrors cost as much as I paid for my FJ40. And I am the second owner.

If that's for a pair, that's what I paid for my Fj40 in 1991, and my Ambulance with a diesel in 2013.

I'd check out Icon mirrors for $850 a pair for custom mirrors if I ever had money to burn. From what I've seen, Jonathan Ward doesn't compromise quality so I believe they'd be exceptional.

For me I've been using Grote (or equivalent) stainless steel convex mirrors for about $12/side... one on an OEM arm and one on a hand fabricated steel arm. When I bought the mirrors 20ish years ago, I thought I'd replace the convex mirrors with flat when I broke th glass. After many years of knocking them off trees on tight trails, I've still not managed to break them. Now after 27 years driving with convex side view mirrors, I'm sure I'd feel 1/2 blindfolded to drive with tiny flat mirrors that would only allow for a more minimal viewing area. Depth perception is a little more difficult... but this drawback is offset by the superior viewing area.

I got a par of the Icon Mirrors ... VERY nice quality and they look the part on my truck
Didn't really have much choice with the selections out there that would give me the proper 'look'

IMG_9756 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

Icon mirrors look excellent at 60% of the price.

Euro spec for $250/pair are also a very nice option:
A7FC00FC-824B-4B37-AA4A-CFB389F0EE6A.jpeg

Although I’d likely choose Icon over Euro Spec for appearance... if I were to change from ‘stock’ :D

Ha ... those were the only other choice I considered because it took everything I had to muster the strength to commit to buying a set of Icons.
In the end the choice I made was the best for that truck. My current one I'm building now, not a chance ... stock

Steve

Great item to convince the :princess: : need new mirrors on my 40's or better a "new" 40

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom