I am all for quality but $1200 for a mirror ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If I happen to be walking past the ICON place I'd keep walking, without stopping. Unless I needed to drop a turd torpedo.

Last edited:
I would never expect to see one of those trucks on a Moab trail where the sign says "expect body damage". Kind of defeats the purpose of having a 4x4. It's like having a Porsche that will go 193 mph, but every time you drive it you are either sitting in traffic or trying not to go to jail for doing 90 in a 70mph. Bragging rights aside, I say "what for?"

(I am guilty of this but would be the first to admit the nonsense of it all.)

images.jpg

I did ask the FJ comp people at the Overland expo if they are selling those mirrors and the man said we will try to put some for sale soon...but we did not talk about the price .(way too much for me)..I bought Euro mirrors instead...SOR has some similar looking to Euro spec mirrors for 70,- /pc arm incl ...I looked last week...

Last edited:
Remember the $10K toilets seats the Air Force was buying ? Maybe the manufacturer transitioned to making mirrors.

I liked the look of the Icon mirrors , but could not justify the spend.
Ended up making a small adapter plate to take Defender mirrors.
They have a nice spring loaded fold away function as well.

View attachment 1849119 View attachment 1849120 View attachment 1849122
Do you think these could be mounted to the windshield hinges and look clean? I mostly drive without doors, but I’d like some sort of side of mirrors. Being able to swivel them out harms way would be an ideal updgrade.

Last edited:
Do you think these could be mounted to the windshield hinges and look clean? I mostly drive without doors, but I’d like some sort of side of mirrors. Being able to swivel them out harms way would be an ideal updgrade.

Hi,
I think they would be a bit trickier to mount in that location. They would end up tp far forward once you made a bracket that cleared the windshield hinge bolts.
How about a bracket that came off the top door hinge bolt holes ( the ones the inner portion bolt to inside the slot on the bulkhead ).

Cheers Andrew

1F45B1E3-2906-4A70-94E4-C886767F8D19.jpeg

$70/side on sale at SOR. It appears they have stock on their site.

That is the best deal I’ve seen on OEM Euro mirrors in years. Take advantage of this deal!

Last edited:
SOR get them for 70,-$/pc they look the same as OEM Euro mirrors but are slightly different and not OEM.mine OEM get a slightly different attachment to the arm(different clamp),but other than that they look the same...

Yeah, I was looking for new OEM.

Yeah, I was looking for new OEM.
I would call SOR and ask them...They are still a good deal considering you get new arm included...you pay about 100,- for 2 OEM vibrating mirrors (just heads) or you get 2 EURO style aftermarket for 140,- with new arms......Those at SOR might be from Australia but not sure about it....

What the actual hell?! I mean, dude 1.200 bucks for a side mirror? THAT IS INSANE!! I mean, I understand that it is an old car, it is kind of a classic, however 1.2k for a side mirror, are they totally mad?!

Dude ... thats $1200 for 2 mirrors ! LMAO
Cheers
Steve

Geeze...

Even the one's from Icon are only $899...

And they have a version that'll mount to my door hinges!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom