I am a smooth brain in need of help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

May i ask why didnt you go with wheeleveryweekend in the beginning. Were you just testing the waters?
They just responded to an email I sent...said kings are looking like ETA of December.

I replied with what I was looking for and I'm fine with outside of the king brand, so we'll see what happens.

Also contacted radflow today as well, sent a price sheet but I really don't know alot about their products. I do see them as a supporting vender here though.

Also, ben with filthy is out of town but will respond upon return to work.

On the hunt!

hot diggity dog.... 2440.00 ish for kings w/ steering stabilizer

Can get close to $5k with all the options.

Cheers

Accutune can do 2.5 remote resi Fox with rebound and compression adjusters.

Cheers
Accutune said they needs measurements, extended and compressed. Which I don't have, I just have my lift height.

They also suggested making different shock mounts top and axle side...so getting into it for much more than I really want to do..

So that's where I'm at right now...

Last edited:
@crikeymike May I introduce you to this thread?
After reading it all, no thanks!!

Kidding, a little. Dobinsons make 3 different types of shocks for these vehicles, as well as the coils, panhard rods, trailing arms, bushings, all the parts necessary to lift the vehicle properly and get the correct ride and performance a customer could want. I don't drive through McDonald's to get a cheeseburger, Burger King for fries, and Wendy's for a coke, but a lot of Jeep guys do apparently!! Buying components from one source where they're all known to work together makes the most sense to me.

After reading it all, no thanks!!

Kidding, a little. Dobinsons make 3 different types of shocks for these vehicles, as well as the coils, panhard rods, trailing arms, bushings, all the parts necessary to lift the vehicle properly and get the correct ride and performance a customer could want. I don't drive through McDonald's to get a cheeseburger, Burger King for fries, and Wendy's for a coke, but a lot of Jeep guys do apparently!! Buying components from one source where they're all known to work together makes the most sense to me.
Actually I believe OP has bought the cheeseburger at McDonalds and is contemplating buying the fries at The Cheesesteak Factory.

I have TJM Springs and was on OME shocks. Travel is important to me so I made this spreadsheet, you can use it if travel is important to you aswell.
1619189212615.png

I was dumb and cheaped out. At the time there was a bunch of other stuff that seemed like a better place to put money towards. I like the dobinson yellows more than the OME shocks the 80 had on before, but there’s only so much a twin tube can handle🤷🏽‍♀️. After one trip to sand hollow I’m kinda ready for a more capable shock.
I running the same set, maybe I'm just naive but that set up works great for me even at Sharon Hollow Johnson Valley the ershim trail and more.

I running the same set, maybe I'm just naive but that set up works great for me even at Sharon Hollow Johnson Valley the ershim trail and more.
Don’t get me wrong! I’m really happy with my set up for daily driving and for getting into the rocks. But sight seeing on razzle dazzle made me want a shock that could handle a wider range of speeds. It felt good at about 20 mph, any faster the shocks couldn’t keep up and if I went slower it got super chattery.
Overall they’re a killer shock for the money! It just made me realize why people spend the money for monotubes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom