I agree with IdahoDoug on the Halogens -- (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Heh, wow - my own thread just to agree with me? How fortunate!

Glad to hear you've "seen the light" on this mod. It's nice to feel like something you've spent coin and time on is going to provide a benefit, eh? I heard somewhere that halogen lights get brighter after a period of use so you will likely see an even greater difference shortly. Something about a bit of metal erosion improving the output, IIRC.

DougM

Looks Good.
Yes I would say they are brighter :slap:

Any problems with extra heat affecting bulb life?, plastic lens?

it really doesnt look all that bright, not enought to write home about. why not just get some higher wattage bulbs (not that high where it burns your wiring)

Wart,

Not in mine after 10 years, which includes more 4 way flasher use than most I'd wager. I tend to be anal about using them if I'm stopped to assist someone, the last car in line at a crowded freeway exit, etc. The truck has sat still (worst case scenario) for long periods with them on. I think it helps the flashers are cycling on and off. I also have these in the brake lights and again no issues.

DougM

[quote author=IdahoDoug link=board=2;threadid=10361;start=msg92585#msg92585 date=1074578454]
Wart,

Not in mine after 10 years, which includes more 4 way flasher use than most I'd wager. I tend to be anal about using them if I'm stopped to assist someone, the last car in line at a crowded freeway exit, etc. The truck has sat still (worst case scenario) for long periods with them on. I think it helps the flashers are cycling on and off. I also have these in the brake lights and again no issues.

DougM
[/quote]

doug, what p/n did you get for the brake lights? they're double-filament, aren't they?

eric

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom