HZJ80R 4wd (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.zenosafaris.com
Are all 80 series full time 4wd?

how do you tell?

No center lock switch - but lots of empty sockets on dash.

Manual locking front hubs -

standard shifter.

totally confused!!

Does the transfer stick have any position other than high and low range?

Manual tranny and part-time suggest to me that your rig will not have a locking center diff in the transfer case. But my only experience is with US-spec 80 series.

Greentruck,

I have had one before... Pretty awsome rig, but the Tcase shifter had the same configuration as the US. Specs...H/N/L At least on mine.

The rest of the options were totally different. I had NOTHING automatic nor power... That thing had manual windows, mirrors, some really tough vinyl seat cover ( seemed OEM :D ) and NO audio system !, But the best thing about it was having a water tight vinyl flooring that you can literarly hose down with a garden hose !, oh, that thing had back barn doors with two side bench seats that folds upwords.

I used that rig unregistered over the middle east but I doubt it was that regions spec ( being RHD ) I had import plates on it when I bought it from a shady local person for $700. Never had a problem with the local authorities ( partially because of the fact it was mostly driven in a mostly military convoys ).

That thing was fun till the last day we had it ...

Moe,
Interesting. So there was no 2WD option on the TC, just locking hubs to select 4WD.

Actually, except for wanting a tailgate instead of ambulance doors, that is exactly the kind of Landcruiser I wish was available in the US. And that's how my 1976 FJ-55 came off the dealer's lot, including no radio:)

Tapage has the: H2, H4, N, L4. Thats what his wife had. Hes in Panama I believe. ( HF1A )
P1000988.jpg

Last edited:
BusmUp,
Thanks for the pic, makes it totally clear. I was thinking it would be something like on my old FJ-55 -- and it's not.

Gotta agree with Tapage. Wish I had one.

You only have 3 options with the 80 series, regardless of destination:

1. HF1A (part time xfer gear driven xfer case with PTO)

2. HF2A (full time, non-VC gear driven xfer)

3. HF2AV (full time, with VC gear driven xfer)

Your welcome. I just saw that picture last night! Thank Tapage for the beautiful picture. Hes the lucky guy.

BusmUp,
Thanks for the pic, makes it totally clear. I was thinking it would be something like on my old FJ-55 -- and it's not.

Gotta agree with Tapage. Wish I had one.

cheers the picture really helps. I checked out the gear and thats what it is actually H2 H4 N and L4 straight down.
really appreciate the pic - was that taken from HZJ80R.
If you have a pic of the dash ill really be grateful cos my dash has no switches. lol
i'll post some photos soon

You only have 3 options with the 80 series, regardless of destination:

My part time t-case it's the HF1A but which it's the model if the t-case of full manual t-case ? ( pic above )

side pic (mobile) - anyone can tell me which snorkel that is?

original toyota ! ( means factory one )

Yep, that snorkle do look OEM.

Interesting info from Beno ( as usual :) ). but, okay, how diffecult do you guys think it would be to retrofit a part time xfer case into a US. specs FZJ80, especially the latest model ( 97 ) ??

It would be really sweet if it was doable/cost effective...

:cheers:

OEM. Genuine Toyota!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom