SOLD HZJ79 Pickup LHD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Mileage
Color
White
Only selling so I have money to buy more stuff.

$15,500 FIRM

This truck is a project. You will not be able to fly in and drive it home, it will have to be shipped or trailered home. The spare engine in the pics does not go with it. Sorry about the mess, it’s kind of turned into a place to store extra parts.

The Good:
-odometer shows 59,577 kilometers
-1HZ engine
-New t-belt, tensioner, water pump, glow plugs, rebuilt injection pump, rebuilt injectors.
-Very little rust
-Has Montana title
-I have a lot of the parts to fix what needs to be fixed and can easily source the rest.

The bad:
-core support and lower valance are bent
-engine mounts need replaced (I have them)
-lots of dents, needs paint, door cards etc
-air box is missing
Probably some other stuff I’m forgetting, I’m happy to send more pics via email or text to actual interested parties. Not uploading a bunch of pics here sorry.

6986D18F-F136-458E-B44D-05FFF9A4F8AB.jpeg

2DB59A70-6722-4978-97FF-DD1ACD1868F0.jpeg

435201B6-2221-469C-9E7D-7ABAD34FCADF.jpeg

2540CBCF-D9D5-4FE2-91B5-D3BB2E647FE6.jpeg

C84ACCB9-7978-42F2-85BC-BEDAE290FCF3.jpeg

BDF59EBF-FB6F-4C2D-87F5-32D92B85610F.jpeg

6276ABCA-B069-4D50-AC99-0DB5493687FA.jpeg

9174E101-D5A1-4E67-92A6-8357283D00C1.jpeg

71EFEE91-A81C-49FB-9F79-C3793F246066.jpeg

521763A7-B1C1-4F54-B6A9-5525BDF91F00.jpeg

How did this get imported to the US? Only 16 years old.
Some questions are best formatted into a private message. This is perhaps one of them.

Just for those who might be uninformed this would be an ex-mine truck. If indeed there’s little rust then that’s a pretty rare example and could be worth exploring.

FWIW, I've seen this truck in person and know the seller. While it is a bit rough around the edges it is in great shape for a mine truck and would be a solid base for a wheeling rig or expedition vehicle. The seller is a great guy to deal with.

FWIW, I've seen this truck in person and know the seller. While it is a bit rough around the edges it is in great shape for a mine truck and would be a solid base for a wheeling rig or expedition vehicle. The seller is a great guy to deal with.

Thanks for the kind words Dane! I attached a few more photos to the original post. Yes, this is a truck that was used in a gold mine. I’ve seen lots of used mining trucks, and even flown up to middle of nowhere Canada to look at quite a few of them. It’s always very disappointing how thrashed they get, and I almost never buy them, that being said, this one really is the nicest one that I’ve ever seen. The frame is 100% solid, the floorboards are 100% solid. There is one spot of rust on the driver side fender, which would be the left side since it is left-hand Drive!

But there are also lots of things that need to be fixed, and the price reflects that. If someone is interested in paying me to fix it up for them then I will happily make them a better deal on the asking price. But if it’s going to be a cash and carry deal, then I think the asking price is fair for what it is.

FYI: I had a customer offer me a considerable amount more to restore it for them. But they were behind several other customer’s projects and would have had to wait a year before I could start. Maybe now that I’m about caught up I’ll try to find that guy’s number…🤔

PS: If you have questions about how I got it, and can you legally drive it etc. I will happily answer those questions if you contact me directly. I really don’t want this to turn into a chitchat thread. (And by BTW 49/50 times the answer is “yes”)

If you come across another one of these in a similar state I would be interested. Need a good farm truck that i could eventually make road legal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom