Wanted HZJ79 drive shafts wanted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Like the title says - looking for HZJ79 front and rear driveshafts, used is fine if ready to install - no worn splines and U joints - want good useable shafts.
Thanks!

Please email me at Lshobie@yahoo.com

I got both, but they don't look too great. you still waiting for those axles, they are sorta burried under the snow right now.

louis, what is wrong with the ones you have? slip joint worn? bent?

Last edited:
Both shafts were rotten and splines were worn out. Bought tom woods custom driveshafts and loved them but apparently they are just made from american crap parts, so I was replacing u joints every 4-6 months, the splines were spicer of course with a great seal that kept dirt and water off the splines - but in their brilliance they never welded up the other end so water would just get in and seize the splines - fxxxing pure junk. Ok for moab dry ricky weather and good for mericans who like to change ujoints all the time but I want my yota shafts back for longevity and rliability.

I did swear my the Tom woods custom driveshafts when I first got them as they took some major abuse, but as all things the only parts non toyota on my truck turned out to be the weak link.

Deny I am interested. Is the rear shaft rotten down low where it attaches to the diff? Is the front shaft seized up? If the front shaft is good that would be great, the rear would be a bonus.

I'd love those diffs - but I think shipping is going to kill me on that?

Louis

Last edited:
yah Louis,
but
you talked to him, i met him and saw his s*** he was trying to sell me.

feel free to promote him all you want and i will carry on warning people to stay away.

Last edited:
I'll have a closer look at them, as I haven't seen them since I pulled the truck apart a few years ago, but I remember them being rusty. I'll look up the quote I had for those axles before things went to s*** at work last fall but I seem to remember it being around $300, and probably wouldn't be much more to throw those driveshafts on there. They are no good for me since I am going with an older drivetrain.
Cheers,
Deny

Sorry Louis,

I forgot to check them out while in the shop this weekend, but I had a quick look this morning before work and snapped a few photos. Looks like the front is fairly new as it is not rusty at all like the back, which looks pretty bad, but the tube can be replaced I would guess. I will hopefully be in the shop sometime this week and have a better look at them to see how the splines and joints are.

Oh yeah and the shipping quote I got was 360.67 plus tax. (the other quote was 537.64)
Cheers,
Deny
P4111453.jpg
P4111454.jpg
P4111455.jpg

Hi Deny, ok the front is awesome, I'll take it - I'll PM ya. The rear is toast like you say - the the tube is that bad then the splines are most likely loose as well.

Thanks!

That's awesome thanks very much, will PM you for further shipping info.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom