HZJ77 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image-1460535233.jpg

My beloved truck was stolen last night. Fingers crossed it shows up

image-1460535233.jpg

because the gubberment tells us we have to have it.

1 accident in 37 years of driving. insuring up to 7 vehicles at a time.
the only time i felt insurance was a benefit was when my house was hit with hail and i got a $12K payout and it cost me $3K to replace the roof and siding.
car insurance has been a joke.

So finally hear a little more after 3 months they sent an appraiser to look at my truck and he comes up with a cash value of 11-12k for my truck, now what I don't understand is in his report he says these trucks sell in between 8-28k but mine is only worth 11-12k but after a weekend of camping and lots of beer maybe he is right. I know the market is soft right now. And I've talked to crushers a little and seems to think its a fair value and I trust him more than some joe off the street. So for now I have to wait a little longer to see if they are going to fix it, or buy it back and fix myself or buy it back and sell it and let someone else have the biggest smile on there face as they drive it down the street.

by the time you get your $12K payout, buy it back for $1200 and then sell it for parts you will end up with close to what you wanted when you were thinking of selling ...
no loss really.

cheers

depends on the insurance company and their practices ...
if he takes the payout then there is a strong chance it will have a salvage title ...

They may not give me an option as to what happens. They may fix it yet, now they are waiting for an estimate on the bodywork just minor scratches really. Like they couldn't do that 2 months ago. If they deem it a total loss yes I have the option to by it back not sure at what price and the total will be as salvageable which means it can be put back in the road just need a safety and a body integrity.

So I found out Friday that my insurance company is putting my truck as a total loss. So option 1 fix it and keep driving it or option 2 sell it. It will have a salvage title but as an exception so it can go back on the road, or part it out. Looking for 8000-9000 for the truck

Truck was picked up yesterday by new owner. Mike is a great guy, hope he enjoys it as much as I did

Thanks Jay,

The drive home was uneventful which was all I hoped for. Cruiser is great and I'm looking forward to showing it off in the Cruiser club meeting tonight.

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom