HZJ75 Troopy: Things I don't know! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woytovich

Science...
SILVER Star
Threads
NOTE:
The below posts were merged together from a number of threads I had going here. Please scroll down to see the results of those individual threads.

----------------------------------------

Underside spare tire mount: is it stock?

It did not have a provision to be lowered like the one in my FJ60: with a crank rod from the back. It had a bolted on plate holding it up. The cross piece it was hanging from is welded in place, unlike the one in my FJ60 which was bolted in place.

I would like to fit up an extra fuel tank back there... can I remove the cross piece or is it also a structural cross member?

PXL_20230128_165020444.jpg

PXL_20230128_165033164.jpg

Last edited:
These are where I would expect to see rubber bump stops, but instead there are just what I think are the metal base brackets for bump stops.

Are these broken/missing parts that should be replaced or...

PXL_20230128_164838295.jpg

PXL_20230128_164850813.jpg

the rubber bumps fell off of mine, your probably too, with the lift i have the axle doesnt make it up that high anyways

Do those wires go into it, or into the harness behind and to the right?

The slot is to get the crank/handle that comes with your jack to the screw mechanism that lowers your spare tire. The bolt is (presumably) there to keep anyone else from doing it and stealing your spare tire, but I'm not sure about that.

Cross piece looks stock, but it has been modified. The chain/screw mechanism for lowering the spare tire has been removed. The cross member is structural, but it can be removed and another one welded in further back and out of the way of the sub tank. The stock sub tank setup has a cross brace, but not the same one as the spare mounts to (like yours). Find a parts diagram showing the frame with and without sub tank option and you'll see the difference.

Hello,

The PO messed with the spare tire setup.

Make sure you get the reinforced back door to install a tire carrier.

Juan

Yes. They are there for a reason.

Hello,

x2.

Designers know what they are doing. Most of the time. 70 Series designers thought about (almost) everything they installed.

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom