HZJ75 Troopy: Things I don't know! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As you wish...
It was not my intent to spam.
I thought it might be useful to see the topic in the subject... useful for me in soliciting responses and useful for others in later searching for info. BUT: you are the mod so merge away!

It’s less clutter. Keep everything in one location.

Thanks.

I'm going to go with a bumper mounted carrier - I'm working to get a single carrier to fit up on the right side in front of the larger door. My truck ALSO had door mounted spare and the door was not happy about it.
I'll post up progress/result of the carrier project.
Hello, I would keep the spare tyre on the original location - under the car - I was in the exact same situation, and I monted one system to pull up the spare from an 80's series
My main concern was to keep that 40+ kg spare wheeel as low as I can get and the stiffness of the original mont on the chassis is far better then on the bck door.
Spare wheel maybe it is used once upon an year, or not, is not so hard to get it out.

I am not sure how the search engine works on this site, but I would have to suspect you are on to something there woyto... I find the site search engine not very helpful sometimes, but what I have found that works for me is using google search then expanding the hits on ih8mud from there.

Hopefully this tidbit may be of use to yourself or someone else.... :cheers:
Not to side track things, but the trick for this is to type the following in your favorite search engine (whatever you are looking for) site:forum.ih8mud.com instead of using the search function on the site. It will get you the results you are after. Way more useful for keyword searching, but also gives you a visual search option using the images tab.

1675108345759.png

Hello, I would keep the spare tyre on the original location - under the car - I was in the exact same situation, and I monted one system to pull up the spare from an 80's series
My main concern was to keep that 40+ kg spare wheeel as low as I can get and the stiffness of the original mont on the chassis is far better then on the bck door.
Spare wheel maybe it is used once upon an year, or not, is not so hard to get it out.
Not a bad idea really.

To the matte:
My rear door is not enforced. But the PO put a spare wheel carrier anyway. For reinforcement he put a lump of firewood where the reinforcement is supposed to be...
Cheers Ralf
Oh... my... o_O

Sounds like an engineer in the making! 🤬

I applaud your tenacity in keeping the Land Cruiser after seeing that and restoring it to health and not running away when you found that. Most folks would wonder immediately what ''other surprises'' were in store for you after that discovery! sheesh!!

I would love to find a way to keep the tire/wheel from getting all mucked up. I thought about something like the "basket" the Sprinter vans uses so the tire could be in a bag of some sort....

Screen Shot 2023-02-03 at 7.19.47 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 10.14.40 PM.png

Oh... my... o_O

Sounds like an engineer in the making! 🤬

I applaud your tenacity in keeping the Land Cruiser after seeing that and restoring it to health and not running away when you found that. Most folks would wonder immediately what ''other surprises'' were in store for you after that discovery! sheesh!!
Well, I have the truck for 2.5 years now. What I learned on x-hand trucks: Look into every cavity and behind any panel. I did.
Cheers Ralf

Intended to reduce intake noise... How does it work? Is it an empty box or does it have baffles or filling of some sort?
Seems like an odd thing, an add-on after the original design...

View attachment 3233830
This is called a Helmholtz resonator. It is built and sized specifically to kill one specific, single frequency. In this case, it would kill the droning noise from the intake.

I've never understood them on intakes. they restrict airflow slightly. But apparently some consumers are bothered by that slight drone noise.

5723209B-E710-4535-9E10-02EB7D94B136.jpeg

So one could experiment by removing it to see if there's a noticeable difference?
I've read that the resonator can create some form of pressure wave mitigation to help with smoothing airflow into the intake. I'm not convinced. It's mainly for sound.

If that were true, it would only apply to naturally aspirated engines. I have never seen the resonator on the turbo variations after the 1HZ.

So one could experiment by removing it to see if there's a noticeable difference?
May be it's a cultural thing, but I'm always wondering why people tend to rip out things from their trucks they probably just don't understand, rather than trusting the skilled engineers who thought over it and put it in. 🙄 Cheers Ralf

May be it's a cultural thing, but I'm always wondering why people tend to rip out things from their trucks they probably just don't understand, rather than trusting the skilled engineers who thought over it and put it in. 🙄 Cheers Ralf
I admit, I removed my superglow and installed a wilson switch, don't trust electrical controls much.

Hello,

Not just a cultural thing but also a PO thing.

On the other hand, for many it feels good after making changes to their trucks just because "they look great."

Too many people out there think they know more than the engineers who designed their trucks. They also think that their trucks are incomplete machines in desperate need of whatever aftermarket parts vendors can offer.

Juan

Hello,

Not just a cultural thing but also a PO thing.

On the other hand, for many it feels good after making changes to their trucks just because "they look great."

Too many people out there think they know more than the engineers who designed their trucks. They also think that their trucks are incomplete machines in desperate need of whatever aftermarket parts vendors can offer.

Juan
yes , buy stuff you don't need. I reckon that not many of those bright orange plastic sand/mud bridges ever get used. more like an ornament. In fact not many folks actually need 4wd . A 2wd with lsd and tyres with tread can go a long way.

I'm going to go with a bumper mounted carrier - I'm working to get a single carrier to fit up on the right side in front of the larger door. My truck ALSO had door mounted spare and the door was not happy about it.

My troopy has the door mounted tire carrier and factory subtank. Let me know if you want pics.

I think the stock door mounted carrier is probably fine with the factory tires and rims but my door hinges were suffering under a 33" tire. My spare is now on a swingout on the bumper (by 4x4 Labs).

Cruiser Brothers sells auxiliary fuel tanks by Long Range America and may have ideas for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom