HZJ75 Troopy: Things I don't know! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm going to go with a bumper mounted carrier - I'm working to get a single carrier to fit up on the right side in front of the larger door. My truck ALSO had door mounted spare and the door was not happy about it.
I'll post up progress/result of the carrier project.

Got it.

Screen Shot 2023-01-28 at 10.17.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-28 at 10.18.03 PM.png

I'm going to go with a bumper mounted carrier - I'm working to get a single carrier to fit up on the right side in front of the larger door. My truck ALSO had door mounted spare and the door was not happy about it.
I'll post up progress/result of the carrier project.

Hello,

Quite likely the door lacked the reinforcement panels for the spare tire carrier. No wonder it was not happy.

Your truck had a peculiar PO, or so it seems.

Juan

Yes, it seems the previous owner used the truck and did what they could when they needed to to keep it moving. It looks like I'm going to be spending a good amount of time making things back towards stock.
Regarding the rear door, I'll have to check when I pull the panel off to see what's up. I do know the truck had a busy life so I'm not surprised that the door suffered some.

PO's suck 😆

Quite likely the door lacked the reinforcement panels for the spare tire carrier.
If the spare carrier on the door is OEM, the inside of the door should look like this:
IMG_E4696 small.jpg

IMG_E4698 small outlined.jpg

Outlined in red in the second photo is the factory reinforcing piece for doors that came with the spare carrier. It is spot welded to the interior door skin and also around the perimeter where the inner skin meets the outer skin. It makes for a very stout mounting arrangement. If your door had the spare mounted on it without this inner reinforcing piece, it's doomed to fail.

That should be a separate thread where we just post the most ridiculous stuff our PO's did

Intended to reduce intake noise... How does it work? Is it an empty box or does it have baffles or filling of some sort?
Seems like an odd thing, an add-on after the original design...

PXL_20230128_213911697.jpeg

I have a small collection of them. I have no idea, but I assume it somehow dampens turbulent flow. In some sort of big plastic and goitery fashion.

Mark: is there any way you can please just put all of your questions in one thread and update as you go?

I’m happy to merge all of your threads into one thread for you.

You are basically spamming this section of MUD.

Mark: is there any way you can please just put all of your questions in one thread and update as you go?

I’m happy to merge all of your threads into one thread for you.

You are basically spamming this section of MUD.
As you wish...
It was not my intent to spam.
I thought it might be useful to see the topic in the subject... useful for me in soliciting responses and useful for others in later searching for info. BUT: you are the mod so merge away!

I am not sure how the search engine works on this site, but I would have to suspect you are on to something there woyto... I find the site search engine not very helpful sometimes, but what I have found that works for me is using google search then expanding the hits on ih8mud from there.

Hopefully this tidbit may be of use to yourself or someone else.... :cheers:

There is an intermittent stop of air consumption from the engine due to 4 stroke filling and combustion cycles, as well as occasional 'shockwaves' due to sudden deceleration, causing air already put in motion to 'bump' into the intake, as the decelerating engine is not consuming it any more. This causes resonances in the intake, which make noise and vibrations. The additional reservoir outside the actual line of airflow provide a resonance room to smooth that out as the air in the reservoir can compress as needed.
Best regards Ralf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom