hzj75 troopy rear bumper removal help-DONE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trying to remove side bumper ends. Any help would be appreciated. It looks to me like I may have to remove the inner rear quarter trim boads to get to a few bolts. Help

Hello,

If your truck has fender flares, there is a bolt in the rear bumper end's lower quarter.

If I remember correctly, three bolts attach each bumper end to the main bumper. These bolts are inside the bumper and a little tricky to remove.

You need a 12 mm and a 14 mm wrench.

Juan

I was just worried that I would have to get at something from the inside of the rear quarter. sounds like it is all under the truck. Correct

Hello,

If your truck has fender flares, there is a bolt in the rear bumper end's lower quarter.

If I remember correctly, three bolts attach each bumper end to the main bumper. These bolts are inside the bumper and a little tricky to remove.

You need a 12 mm and a 14 mm wrench.

Juan
3236D2A3-B6A0-4AF3-A703-A2248C977656.jpeg

I was just worried that I would have to get at something from the inside of the rear quarter. sounds like it is all under the truck. Correct

Hello,

Three bolts are inside the bumper ends, not under the truck.

One bolt is on the lower front corner of the bumper end.

I have marked the bolt locations with yellow. Three inside, one (arrow) on the side.

Bumper End.jpeg

You have to reach the three circles from within the bumper. It is tricky at first but you get used to it quickly.

The arrow indicates the other bolt, accesible from the outside.

Juan

got it done Juan. Thanks for your help. A little tricky with the strange bracket that is coming out of the quarter panel.
Thanks also for the help with the fog lights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom