HZJ75 for sale in Sun Valley, Idaho (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just perusing the local craigslist and came across this...

1991 Toyota Land Cruiser, White

Not knowing anything about 70's I'd thought I'd post it up here. I know there have been a few come into the states via a guy in Florida, all of those looked like they're RHD from Australia.

This one is LHD, don't know anything more about it other than what the ad says. As it's in Sun Valley, it's ridiculously priced, just like the rest of the town.

What would this be worth in "the real world" in other words, in a market other than the U.S., where the 70's aren't such a rare bird.

Dan
ZJ75LVKR-1sm.jpg

something weird there coz 75 are pickups .. 78 are troop carriers like this one .. we have plenty of those ones ( LHD ) down here ..

found this (N/A):

1991 Toyota Land Cruiser HJ75 | 67

1991 Toyota Land Cruiser HJ75 | 77
$%28KGrHqIOKp0E0U-fvPjcBNW2n7Ejsg%7E%7E_1.JPG

1991 Toyota Land Cruiser HJ75 | 77 | Toyota Land Cruiser HJ75 Left Hand Drive 4x4 RestoredResearch 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser | 300526966993 | TheBest: Find Toyota : Land Cruiser in the TheBest Motors , Cars Trucks , Toyota , Land Cruiser category on TheBest.

Rare Land Cruiser HJ 75 4x4 Diesel Troop Carrier. According to all the Land cruiser web-sites there are less than 200 of these stateside. They were never imported to North America. The VIN is not a 17 digit VIN as the HJ75 model was built outside of the US for commercial sales outside the US. The VIN is HZJ75LVKR also note that the ODO is in Kilometers not miles. (see photo and I did the conversion for simplicity in the listing) This one came into the country when the original owner immigrated. The owner spent over $7,000 getting it legally documented when he immigrated to California. This HJ75 has always been and still is a left hand drive. The second owner had it registered in MT and the current title is a MT title. This does have the 4.2 Diesel direct injection motor which has been reported to go well over 500,000 miles. This is a fully capable 4x4 with Power steering, Power Brakes, A/C ext. This Land Crusier was restored by the original owner about five years ago. The restoration included new seats that are very plush, the second owner protected them with custom seat covers that are very durable and look great. The interior floor has been Rhino lined front to back, Heavy duty rubber mat also adorns the back area. The seats can be folded up or removed if you need more a truck like cargo area. I also have the rear horizontal seat, restored and covered like the rest of the seats, You could remove the vertical seats and go with the horizontal seat if you like. New paint, done well with all moldings taken off, no masking lines The paint now has a few minor chips as it is over five years. This Land Cruiser has no rust issues and is great running condition. There are a few minor drips of oil which should be expected from a rig that is 20 years old. The tires mounted now are new Hankook Pike's, this is a winter tire with studs, The summer tires are being shipped down to me and I will have photos when they arrive. Contact Shep at 208.721.1973 for more photos and information.
Fee and Tax Information: Buyer is responsible for state if purchased outside the state of Idaho. In state purchases will be charged Idaho sales tax of 6% to be remitted to the state by Sun Valley Auto Sales, Out of state buyers are responsible for state tax in their home state and will not be charged Idaho sales tax. Documentation fee of $195 Out of state 30 day temporary registration is $5. Buyer is responsible for pickup or shipping of this vehicle. We have a enclosed car hauler and we might be able to assist you with shipping for a fee. Call Shep today at 208.721.1973 My policy is to give you direct, honest answers to your questions, so YOU can decide if this is the car that fits your needs and budget!
This HJ75 is for sale at Sun Valley Auto Club and is advertised locally and nationally. If it sells during the Ebay auction I reserve the right to end the auction early. Thanks for taking a look.

On Feb-18-11 at 11:49:31 PST, seller added the following information:There has been some questions regarding the legality of this Land Cruiser. I'm digging deeper into this matter. What I do have is the CA registration card, MT registration card and title. The VIN on all three documents matches the VIN stamp on the Cruiser which is HZJ750008782. I would assume if MT is anything like Idaho it would be pretty easy to register this Cruiser. However after reading the CA website for a half an hour, CA makes you jump through a maze of hoops and you have to produce all kinds of documentation to register. It is not a 17 Digit VIN because it was not produced for the US market. I can scan you copies of the doc's upon request.

$%28KGrHqIOKp0E0U-fvPjcBNW2n7Ejsg%7E%7E_12.JPG

(for reference)Here is a '92 AUS HZJ75 for 15k, which I would go for in a heartbeat if it were here and legal.

1992 Toyota Landcruiser HZJ75RV RV LWB (4X4) White 5sp | eBay

There's a great Aus autotrader like site with lots of great hiluxes and cruisers, but I've forgotten the name.

Yeah, me too. I think since this one is here, and legal (I think) it's worth 5k more (than the 15k of that auction) to me but, it is a 4spd, not a 5spd, says nothing about lockers, dual tanks etc. which the AUS spec'd versions all seem to have...Sun Valley isn't that far out of my way...

fawk, you haven't priced real clean low mileage troopies lately have yah?
that is a fair price for that vehicle legally registered in the states.

As it's in Sun Valley, it's ridiculously priced,

something weird there coz 75 are pickups .. 78 are troop carriers like this one .. we have plenty of those ones ( LHD ) down here ..

Troopys from 85-99 are 75s the 78 started late 99.

In Aus a troopy of this year would be around $9g-$15g

Nv bj70 you would be lost in Aus 98% of 7x series are white and look the same.

the ones i have been looking at with 200K+ in real clean shape are around $17K in Oz, add the $6K to ship, plus the duty and custom fees and you are up to mid to high $20s then add the mods and the registration in the states for a 1991 and $32K isn't "out there" at all...

the ones i have been looking at with 200K+ in real clean shape are around $17K in Oz, add the $6K to ship, plus the duty and custom fees and you are up to mid to high $20s then add the mods and the registration in the states for a 1991 and $32K isn't "out there" at all...

I hear ya. That's why I posted the question.

Thanks for the insight.

Dan

If there is a 91 in Aus with 200k then that's super rare but more than likely it'd had the kms wound back on the dash

Before 1997 both styles were *J75. Afterwards the pickups were *J79 and the troopies were *j78

Before 1997 both styles were *J75. Afterwards the pickups were *J79 and the troopies were *j78

End of 1999 they changed from 75s to 78s and 79s in Aus anyways

So how anemic is this engine?

Will it readily accept a 5 spd?

Works very well (with a turbo) in my 62. :D

I suspect it's an H55 with a 4spd knob. Didn't see confirmation either way on the ads, but H42s didn't make it much beyond the 80s.

if the odometer WAS rolled back then i couldn't see it. this one is amazing to work on. all the bolts and nuts came off super easy, none snapped from rust, actually i can't find any rust on the frame and VERY small patches of surface rust in the odd spot. the floor is spotless and no new paint.

compared to other troopys i have seen this LOOKS like low mileage.

but

if you say it is a roll back, well, they did a nice job covering it up.

if the odometer WAS rolled back then i couldn't see it. this one is amazing to work on. all the bolts and nuts came off super easy, none snapped from rust, actually i can't find any rust on the frame and VERY small patches of surface rust in the odd spot. the floor is spotless and no new paint.

compared to other troopys i have seen this LOOKS like low mileage.

but

if you say it is a roll back, well, they did a nice job covering it up.

Are you saying that you actually worked on this or is that a quote from one of the ads?

Dan

no, the comment was that trooies with low mileage are roll backs and my comment was, not all of them are.

no comment about this one since i have never seen it up close and personal but it LOOKS pretty damn nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom