HZJ73 ARB Air Compressor mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fishbulb

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone know of an ARB air compressor mount that can be purchased for a HZJ73 or make one???

Pic for attention.

bd3aabc6-b271-4891-b78f-ee8b52df746a-jpeg.3294926

Anyone know of an ARB air compressor mount that can be purchased for a HZJ73 or make one???

Pic for attention.

bd3aabc6-b271-4891-b78f-ee8b52df746a-jpeg.3294926
Well it's not a Jeep JK so most likely you will need to make one ;)

Nice looking Rig !!

If you have the non-suspension seats I've seen guys build brackets for under them. The other interior option is inside the walls by the jack mount (also have to make a bracket for it yourself). The engine bay inside of the HZJ looks a little tight, but you might be able to make some space to wedge one in there.

I have the single compressor mounted under the hood where the headlight squirter reservoir once was.
It takes many minutes to air up.... wish I had the twin.

Is yours a LHD or RHD ?
Here is how it is installed on my 24V LHD.
directly to the fender (wheel well?) With some makeshift spacers.
It is there, probably 150kkm or 200kkm.....besides all that dust.....nothing's wrong with it.

Good luck

20230410_214028.jpg

20230410_214108.jpg

IMHO the air compressor should not be mounted under the hood as it draws hot air and drops the compressors efficiency.
The only issue I would have with having it in the inside is if you have air locker as it would cycle On and off when you’re using them.
I have OEM E- lockers and chose to mount the compressor inside to keep it out of the elements and drawing cooler air 😉

Mine operates both front and rear lockers,....with air leaking seals, so a lot of cycling.
I am intending on installing an oasis 24v larger capacity one in the back of the cab like you advised, good point.

I did same, with HLW removal. I bought the 24v unit so I wouldn't have to run down my rear aux battery.
Here's part 1 of my install...

And part 2:

Not as elegant as some others. But still effective. Given its position at the front and opposite side to the manifold, I don't think heat is a big issue. Also fairly well protected from the elements.

I only run mine with the bonnet up.
I really like having this large electrical draw close to the batteries.
Theirs still heat soak and the compressor is hot from it !! everything under the hood is getting hot.
Obviously it well still work but IMO not as efficiently !
With out a doubt you need to run the appropriate size wire, then double check the voltage at the compressor and after a good run to make sure your not getting a voltage drop.
It's also good to have a hand throttle, when running My compressor I set it 1200 RPM

Mine is mounted in the rear cargo area to my storage box. Twin, for airing tires only. Not sure there's a good spot for it under the hood, and I prefer it out of the elements.

0BC5F269-14F1-49BC-B944-3A7E83239E9B.jpeg

8A978137-578D-411D-A02F-A26294701D69.jpeg

I've enjoyed mine there. Our switches are even in the same place! Lol. I routed my air chuck through the lower fascia via the LHS headlight squirter hole.

I had an old ARB compressor mounted in that spot on my old BJ70 for 12 or 13 years. It held up fine, got pretty dirty but never broke down.
In my 74 I mounted it in the rear of the truck on the side of my storage box. The first time it cycled I just about jumped out of the seat - wasn't used to it being that loud :lol:

I do like it there, out of the elements. It still gets your attention when it cycles though!

Just saw this. Interesting…. Looks like a twin air mounted behind the spare tire.

9F87D836-D2F3-4B8F-A3D4-3A5C539AFD05.png

F4EFFD8D-8905-4DBC-B37F-834DC5A41ED8.png

EBE5644D-131D-423B-BC6A-C002A5AACE4E.png

7D8E868E-78B0-488A-9DDA-BAB89B11DAC1.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom