hzj73 24v winch not working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys. I wonder if anyone has had this problem with an hzj73 24v factory winch. it had been working fine till I was winching a huge grapevine out of a tree in my back yard. I got done with that project and was winding it back up when all of a sudden it wouldn't wind anymore. I tried letting the spool out and no luck there either. the motor was kind of noisy, making kind of a rattling sound when I hit the controller, like maybe it had something to do with it being kind of stuck between lock mode and free spool mode. I would put it in lock or free spool mode but I had to play with it to get it to go in either one. it was winding in halfway alright but not winding out but now it wont wind out or in. it acts like its trying to but doesn't and there is kind of a rattily sound coming from motor when I try to engage it. could it be something may be broken in the winch where the lock/free lever is? or maybe something isn't letting it go in either position to work like it should? I think its a good winch and its hard for me to imagine something being just bad wrong with it. the motor doesn't get hot or anything and I checked all my connections to the solenoids and hot and ground to the winch. hope I can get it working. maybe someone has had this problem and can give me some good info on it. thanks to everyone in advance. this is an edit. I am pretty sure that the problem is in the lock/free mechanism. the motor is good. does anyone know if there is a shear pin or something in there I may have broken, although I don't see how as I wasn't putting a strain on it. or does anyone have a blown up picture of it where maybe i could look and try to see what the problem might be? or has anyone taken the cover off to the gear side of the winch to work on the lock/free mechanism? i dont want to open up a can of worms and not be able to put it back together. HELP!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom