HZJ 70 noise when gear shifting, and no 4wd (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi folks, I just bought a 96 HZJ70 (JDM) couple of month ago.
But here I got some issues with it.

It made noise when gear shifting if rpm over 1600.
The higher the speed when shifting, the louder the noise.
I tried replaced genuine clutch release bearing and input shaft bearing. But it didn’t resolve anything.
Clutch in a good condition. I had changed gearbox and transfer case oil.
I tried keep the truck in neutral gear and pulled up the hand brake, stepping the gas pedal to 1800rpm then step clutch, it made noise.
The noise sounds like a heavy rusty spring compression and rebound.

The second issue is, I pushed hub lock off button to lock, there's no hub lock light showing on dash. And then I pushed 4H button, the 4wd light flashing on the dash. The 4wd didn't engage. If I manually switch the wheel hub to 4x4, it engaged.
I checked that the vacuum valve and tube of the four-wheel drive are normal. I tested the electric four-wheel drive and tested the voltage of the two plugs on the left and right of the front axle. They seemed to be non-electric. This may be the 4wd control ecu or the front axle has two motors responsible for switching between 4wd and RD

By the way I got 2inch lift and 33s tyres, At low speeds, for example, the 20kph steering wheel will have a sharp deflection. I don't know if this is related to the big tires or if there is a problem with my front axle. There is a huge difference in the speed of the steering wheel back to the right.

million thanks for you guys if you could give me some suggestions. ;)

Hi folks, I just bought a 96 HZJ70 (JDM) couple of month ago.
But here I got some issues with it.

It made noise when gear shifting if rpm over 1600.
The higher the speed when shifting, the louder the noise.
I tried replaced genuine clutch release bearing and input shaft bearing. But it didn’t resolve anything.
Clutch in a good condition. I had changed gearbox and transfer case oil.
I tried keep the truck in neutral gear and pulled up the hand brake, stepping the gas pedal to 1800rpm then step clutch, it made noise.
The noise sounds like a heavy rusty spring compression and rebound.

The second issue is, I pushed hub lock off button to lock, there's no hub lock light showing on dash. And then I pushed 4H button, the 4wd light flashing on the dash. The 4wd didn't engage. If I manually switch the wheel hub to 4x4, it engaged.
I checked that the vacuum valve and tube of the four-wheel drive are normal. I tested the electric four-wheel drive and tested the voltage of the two plugs on the left and right of the front axle. They seemed to be non-electric. This may be the 4wd control ecu or the front axle has two motors responsible for switching between 4wd and RD

By the way I got 2inch lift and 33s tyres, At low speeds, for example, the 20kph steering wheel will have a sharp deflection. I don't know if this is related to the big tires or if there is a problem with my front axle. There is a huge difference in the speed of the steering wheel back to the right.

million thanks for you guys if you could give me some suggestions. ;)
Mileage of my truck is 195,000km. 😂

Any videos you can post to hear that noise? Possible clutch disk having issues with the springs.

Those electric hubs, ditch them and out full manual hubs on.

that front axle Probabaly needs a full rebuild along with tie rod ends and possibly leaf spring bushings. Get it all baselined then go from there.

possibly just a loose wheel bearing but it Probabaly does need a full rebuild.
As always. Pictures required. Welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom