1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyundai ten year warranty?

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by BLKDOG40, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BLKDOG40

BLKDOG40

A co-worker is looking at getting a new Hyundai Tucson and is wondering about the ten year warranty. He's getting told by other car dealerships (other makes) that meeting the requirements for warranty service is pretty difficult. He said the Hyundai dealership was being evasive about the warranty details and gave him a handout that looked like this http://www.hyundaiusa.com/global/warranty/warranty.aspx
    To me, it sounds like you have to get the recommended factory service/ inspections done and documented.
    Anyone have any first hand experience with Hyundai warranty service?

2. mooker82

mooker82

Looks to me like not a lot is covered by the standard warranty. I had a friend in school who had one and it was pretty reliable. The only problem was that when he took it in for service he had to wait a while on parts. Apparently they did not have a very good system for parts at the dealership. Anything besides basic maintance items would take atleast a week, and more likely 2 weeks to get.

3. Martin White

Martin White

No matter what they say about Hyundai, I still am very dubious. I had a friend who owned a shop years back who refused to work on them. The quality was so poor that he'd do repairs with OEM parts which would fail, sometimes in weeks. Why someone would spend the money these vehicles now command, when you can buy proven technology, escapes me. And long term durability I highly doubt. These cars are not much less than Toyotas, Hondas, or even some higher level cars with proven history and so on. Just an opinion, but unless you save a LOT of money up front, I don't think it's worth spending the dough on one of these cars vs some of the other, better prospects for little if any more cash. A warranty is only as good as the company behind it.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.