hysteer set ups

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by eatmc55, Jun 20, 2005.

1. eatmc55

eatmc55

im going to start buying parts for a spring over and im looking at hysteer kits. the one marlin has looks pretty nice but im also looking at 4x4 labs. i would like some input on whats the best one out there. i dont mind spending extra on quality so money isnt a problom. thanks

2. Man Jerk

Man Jerk

4X4 labs kit is awesome. They put a lot more thought into the design that a lot of others. They design them with the "ackerman angle" in mind. Don't ask me to explain it, but it is important. You can also run your tie rod behind the axle keeping it safe.

3. HZJ60 Guy

HZJ60 Guy Tank Buster

Considering the liability involved with steering of any type I can believe that ANYONE designs anything to do with steering without taking Ackerman angles in consideration!!!

Whether you go Marlin, or any of the other offerings I think you can be certain of the quality and design. We are talking steering here.

The labs kit is unique amongst hy steers though.

4. Man Jerk

Man Jerk

I guess I didn't word it right. Either way, the 4x4 labs is better than anything else out there.

5. Mace

Mace rock scientist.. Staff Member s-Moderator

"Best" is relative

The 4x4 labs stuff is excellent..

However, ackerman is overrated..

6. Man Jerk

Man Jerk

Yup you are correct, subjective observation. I have heard a lot of good things about their product. I know they have done a lot of R&D as well.

4x4 labs, marlin, all pro...they all make nice products. buy em from Marlin or 4x4 labs cause they support the TLCA. How's that mace :flipoff2:

7. Mace

Mace rock scientist.. Staff Member s-Moderator

I won't mention All pro cause I don;t like their buisness paractices, but you are absolutely right :)

:flipoff2:
    Right back at ya ;)

8. Fourrunner

Fourrunner SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    I run the Marlin system and like it. Really nice components if you can get the right drag link and tie rod length. What made the decision for me was the proximity of Marlin and the cost of the Marlin kit was cheaper.

9. cwb

cwb

I just installed Marlin hi-steer. They seemed pretty disorganized since they sent me wrong length TR and DL and kept me waiting three weeks. But once I got the right stuff, it was a really good setup. But in hindsight I sort of wish I'd gone with 4x4 labs because it just seems to be a better design.

Chris

10. Tapage

Tapage Club 4X4 Panamá SILVER Star

I thought that the marlins kit was pretty good .. I ever seen the Labs kit .. but in the web looks good ..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.