hysteer options lets see (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
finishing my soa and looking into hysteer, wanna know what you used and pics if you got any? thanks :cheers:

Marlin and 4x4 labs got yur back, They are really the only 2 choices in my opinion.

All pro makes arms similar to Marlin but theirs is cast and prone to failure. I think there is a flaw in the casting.

Do you have the larger knuckle pattern? If not I would locate some knuckles with this pattern, Or if your a baller wait for marlin's 6 bolt arms and knuckles to come out.

Agree with Nutley. I used Marlin on mine. Very happy with them and supporting a toyota shop that supports us. Luke didn't make his at the time but i'd be hard not to have his as a first choice now. My .02

hey mustard you have power steering? have you had any probs, rubbing etc, with 4x4 labs? i am looking pretty seriosly at 4x4 labs, there stuff looks great. thanks

No rubbing. When you're ready to order call Luke and tell him your setup: type of springs, SOA, powerstering, rims, tires...He will make a set for your setup.

Btw, you may want to consider his one-tone tie-rods/ends at the sametime.

/td

Luke Porter makes a great hy-steer set up....

Here is his set up on a SU 40 with ram assist....

Orange05.jpg

RamRod-1.jpg

Orange08.jpg

RamRod-4.jpg

:beer:

thats tits poser. ive made my decision.

excellent choice :D

I ran AllPro's for a year+....first with normal PS, then with assist. Switched too Lukes in mid 2004 and initially ran it without assist....impressive! That string of jumbo on Ackerman and stuff is right, and his product fit perfectly. I love the fact my ram-assist is behind the axle and well protected too.

If you run a Scout PS conversion, be prepared to run a heim at the pitman, or make other adjustments...it's tight, but very workable. The 1-ton ends are beef (but too phat for the Scout pitman -to- spring clearance!)

I tlaked with 'W' up in Oregon and got my stock steering arms bent up. I go wheeling about two to three times a month and have been running them for about a year now. They work great and haven't busted anything. I'll try to get a pic of it tonight.

- Rico.

i would appreciate it rico, im going to go saginaw ps as well.

Luke's arms, Scout box. No problem...or am I missing something?

woody said:
If you run a Scout PS conversion, be prepared to run a heim at the pitman, or make other adjustments...it's tight, but very workable. The 1-ton ends are beef (but too phat for the Scout pitman -to- spring clearance!)
2004_0908_034150.JPG

Pighead said:
Luke's arms, Scout box. No problem...or am I missing something?

you must be a bit taller than me....my rig is 21" to the bottom of the frame rail under the drivers seat area and there is only 10" between the top of the axle tube and the bottom of the frame (not the perch, not the spring pack...the tube....)...all on 37" tires....

I've got my setup running a 4" bumpstop with 2" of at-rest gap between the spring perch and the bottom of the bump stop...and a custom-bump on the frame to contact the spring pack, keeping the spring from compressing into the pitman/heim.

hey woody , did you ever use that 1 ton pitman arm I sent you ? I am in the market for one to use with my hybrid front axle L/C/60.

Just purchased my hy-steer from Matthew at 4x4 Labs, waiting for it to arrive!! Great guys to deal with there, very down to earth. Recommend them to anyone! :bounce:

peesalot said:
hey woody , did you ever use that 1 ton pitman arm I sent you ? I am in the market for one to use with my hybrid front axle L/C/60.

just ran across 4 pitmans the other day....more than happy to send ya one! I'll pull them off the shelf tonite and get measurements (don't recall what is what offhand....)

I also went with the bent stock arms from "W". They have been working fine for about a year. They definitely don't have the bling factor that 4x4 Labs ( which I will be switching to when I get the money) but my whole hysteer set up cost about $100. Here are a couple of pics.

Richard
Hy Steer.JPG
Hy Steer Passenger.JPG

I am running the cast hi-steer arms on my FJ40, and the "W" arms on the FJ55... Can't say I am dis-pleased with either. If I was in the market again, it would be Marlin or 4x4Labs, I have used both on customer rigs and they are SWEEET :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom