Hysteer help please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hmm.

What springs are you using? It looks like you have most of the weight on the springs with the engine installed, but I would expect spring over leafs to be flatter than what is shown for use in spring over arrangement. I'm thinking you're going to end up pretty darn tall, have you had it on the ground with the tires on the axles? Flatter springs would also give more clearance to that tie rod...
Side view. The pumpkin perch is as low as it can go without removing material off one side or both, and drivers side actually needs to come up 1/2 once to match it.
Here is side view, I probably can remove a leaf.

View attachment 3260779

Ok, I reversed the springs back to OEM order, long side to the front, taking out the bottom leaf. I had 3 1/2 inches of curve with the engine weight on before, now I still have 3. I think that will be fine, although I may find later I need longer bump stops….we will see.
The tie rod barely touches the springs now, so I will do as @EWheeler suggest and lower the perches. I can loose about 3/4 of an inch there.
I’ll report back once I have it back together, then we’ll see about caster. The pinion flange is currently barely pointing up.
Thank for the help!!
Pic is after I returned the springs to factory direction.

View attachment 3260855
40 width axles or 60 width axles?

I don't know how far you want to go down the rabbit hole here, but one way to drop those perches down is to lengthen the housing on the short side (passenger side). There are many instances of this being done by members here on the forum. It requires a spacer to weld to the housing, which was previously supplied by vendor 4+ products out of Arizona, not sure if he is still offering them for sale. Also required custom length inner axle shaft. The fab portion is not a huge deal if you plan on doing a cut and turn and have to cut the knuckle balls loose anyhow/

I still suggest measuring the amount of 'rise' on the arms and comparing to current versions being sold today. Although maybe removing a leaf gets you all you need.

@EWheeler They are the stock 40 springs on 40 axles, I will take out another leaf before I cut the perches off, see what it gets me.
@pjohnson That is a great idea also, I forgot about it while working yesterday, I'll get a measurement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom