Hydraulic Leak AHC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you, both, I really appreciate it. One of the challenges of working with a dealership with whom one has no prior relationship. I'll ask the lead tech (I actually spoke with him before selecting this dealership vs the Lexus dealership furter away) - I'd be surprised if he didn't do the "gradient" test, but we'll see and I'll report back later today/tomorrow.

OK, picked up the truck in Chesapeake VA (Priority Toyota) - overall excellent experience - talked w the service manager who had done the "step test" on the fluid reservoir. All working well. He showed me the pressure hose (I really have a serious rust issue as we really subject these things to a tough life) and he warned me to prepare for more of the same (broached lines as rust progresses). Drove the truck about 300 miles, I know the AHC has a bad rep around here, but what a ride - cruising 80 mph smooth as can be and soaks up the miles. AHC is also perfect for sand running and deep snow - the lowering is great for older folks, and does reduce bolster wear getting in and out of the seat. I really like it, warts and all.

Anyway, it's going to be a heavy Fluid Film weekend :/

Amateur in need of help here, could you tell me the part number for that hose? I looked at the diagram and it appears to be 91631-G0830 or 91651-60818 but both of those are bolts/washers.

In case anyone is curious I just busted a hydraulic line trying to replace my rear shocks on an LX using Rhino's drill through the floor method. It worked great with perfect accuracy on the driver's side, but the pilot bit was too long and got the line on the passenger side.

So I'm now on the infamous adventure TrunkMonkey referred to in his caution against the method...

I will be happy to share the line cost, I'm gonna try to DIY it before getting it towed. I'll definitely report on the banana rating if I am able to pull it off.

My rear lines are looking pretty bad, definitely interested in any part numbers and how hard replacement was.

My rear lines are looking pretty bad, definitely interested in any part numbers and how hard replacement was.
Most the prices on the below sheet are somewhat inaccurate, so check with McGeorge or a similar discount online dealer for exact pricing.

Early years:
1611362178426.png

2006 (most parts seem to be the same):
1611362217769.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom