Hybrid OME setup with Icon stage 1 shocks?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well build plans have changed slightly this go around since it looks like the ARB front bumper is on indefinite back order. Spent some time speaking with MetalTech yesterday and let them know what I was trying to accomplish with my cruiser. I want to keep a slightly softer but controlled ride and run 275-70-18's. I eventually want a ARB front bumper and winch, but will probably never replace the stock OEM rear bumper. Trying to stay in somewhat of a budget so he recommended running the OME torsion bars and medium rear springs with the Icon stage 1 shocks. He did NOT mention anything about having to replace my UCA's or dropping the front diff but I'm assuming at the least I'll need to drop the diff. Anyone out there running a similar set up? I was leaning towards the Ironman lift with the foam cells but the rep said the Icon's are on par with the foam cells and are rebuildable. Plus Ironman's cust service was pretty subpar and that's why they stopped selling their products. He was quick to mention that it was not a knock on their products at all so I felt like he was being very honest.

My LX has stock suspension but from my reading here on mud if your lift is under 1.5" you can skip the diff drop. But also reading here on mud cv's don't like the change in angle, so if you do lift it and leave the diff drop stock, you might get cv leakage, it's random so ymmw. About the UCA, some here run the stock ones and just max out the caster on it. I had a Donahoe Stage 2 (now they are called Icon) on my 4Runner and it rode buttery smooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom