HVAC Temperature Range / Calibration Adjustment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

greynolds

SILVER Star
Threads
I was looking through the car customizations listed in the Carista app the other day and came across an option to adjust the HVAC temperature up or down by, IIRC, 3 degrees. The HVAC adjustment range goes down to 65 and then to "LO" and I often find that I'd like to drop it a "few" more degrees in the winter, but not all the way to "LO". Am I correct in thinking that this customization allow me to effectively change the temperature range from 65-85 (or whatever the upper limit is) to 62-82?

I believe that is a calibration setting. So i think at best, you could get it to shift what the computer thinks is 65, but i doubt the screen is going to make below 62 the new "LO". Might have to experiement with whether going +3 or -3 gets the desired output. I don't have the FSM in front of me, otherwise there might be some detail there.

Carista has a very short description here. If you click the "cutomizations" and scroll down to "Heater and A/C"

I believe that is a calibration setting. So i think at best, you could get it to shift what the computer thinks is 65, but i doubt the screen is going to make below 62 the new "LO". Might have to experiement with whether going +3 or -3 gets the desired output. I don't have the FSM in front of me, otherwise there might be some detail there.

Carista has a very short description here. If you click the "cutomizations" and scroll down to "Heater and A/C"

Yeah, that description is pretty much what is shown in the app. My assumption, and I could very well be wrong, is that the displayed numbers won't change (so the range of temperatures will still be LO, 65-85, HI or whatever) but a thermometer in the cabin would now read 62 (or 68 if set in the opposite direction) instead of 65 when the temp is set to 65. And yes, one question is whether +3 or -3 would give the desired result. I'm hoping someone who has some experience with this setting will be able to provide some insight on it to minimize the amount of experimentation that may be needed.

Yeah, that description is pretty much what is shown in the app. My assumption, and I could very well be wrong, is that the displayed numbers won't change (so the range of temperatures will still be LO, 65-85, HI or whatever) but a thermometer in the cabin would now read 62 (or 68 if set in the opposite direction) instead of 65 when the temp is set to 65. And yes, one question is whether +3 or -3 would give the desired result. I'm hoping someone who has some experience with this setting will be able to provide some insight on it to minimize the amount of experimentation that may be needed.

Sounds like you want to adjust the HVAC system so that 65 indicated on the display is 62 actual in the cabin.

If that's correct, then I think that if we assume that the way it is set up from the factory is that 65 indicated equals 65 actual and 65 recorded at the sensor.

Your desired result would be 65 indicated and 62 actual with 65 recorded at the sensor.

Logically, to achieve this, you would need the sensor to record a temperature 3 degrees higher than actual which would indicate the +3 adjustment would be the way to go.

Just my US$0.02

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom