HVAC Control illumination (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, I've been through this thread and it's a great write up on replacing burnt out bulbs-

But my question is- I have a 1998 LX470 and my HVAC controls are the old Toyota push button types. Does anyone know or will the ones listed in the thread work to fix mine? Next, all the lights in my switches near the shifter are out as well. I'm tired of turning on the cabin light to find a switch. So same question regarding that one as well? Will the ones in the referenced thread work in a 98?

So a bit of history. My 98 470 is my daily and is my "work truck". It has 447k on the clock at the moment so yeah, some things don't work anymore or need attention. There's the sunroof (don't care). The switch lights- do care. The radio, do care but......another story. Steering tilt motor, starting to care more. Front seat covers, want canvas or a durable material other than leather. Before anyone starts rattling on about the timing belt, I'm very cognizant of that and having been a professional wrench at one time, I've changed more than a couple and repaired the damage from those who didn't. I got my 470 as partial payment for a foundation/termite repair I was doing for a client. It had been sitting for a while (3 years) and had 330k on it so it was a gamble and turns out I did ok on it. My thinking was I could always part it out if it didn't do what I needed. I've come to really like it as a work truck. I've removed all the seats in the back and replaced them with a storage system I built for my tools. As a master carpenter, the two "coffins" in the back carry a full set of nail guns, air compressor, table saw, miter saw, routers and a pretty good load out of normal hand tools. At this point in my life, I'm pretty sure I want to keep the 470 so I'd like to start fixing the annoying parts and altering others to better fit as a work truck.

It's been a few years since I replaced all of my bulbs in my 2001 LX (non Nav), here are some notes I found. Double check because the notes I found might not have been the final parts I ordered or could have been an old note with bad part numbers.

Power Mirror Switch Bulb: 84999-10470
Power Mirror Switch Bulb Cap (Green): 84998-10430

Seat Heaters Switch Bulb: 84999-10310

2nd Switch Bulb: 90010-01039
PWR Switch Bulb: 90010-01039

Power Quarter window Switch: 90011-01018

AC Panel Bulbs (need 7): 84999-70007

Clock Bulbs (need 2): 90010-05104
Hazard Switch Bulb: 90010-05104
Center Diff Lock Switch Bulb: 90010-05104

Users who are viewing this thread

Back