HVAC Control Head & Blower Motor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1998 Lexus LX470 with factory radio (pre-nav) and digital readout/automatic climate control.

So, about 3 weeks ago, I started my car to let it warm up as it was -10 and let it run for about 15 minutes. When I climbed in to go to work, I realized the fan wasn't blowing. I played with the fan speed switch, but got nothing. The fan failed to come on again a couple days later, but I restarted the vehicle and the fan fired up. This morning, again the fan wouldn't work, but after trying the on/off switch once it warmed up the fan gave up a squeal for about 30 seconds then started running. So I need a fan, but I suspect another set of problems. I've noticed that the switches for rear defrost, rear fan, and heated mirrors require several stabs before maybe they will illuminate and work. Also, the temp knob is a little wonky. I'm assuming I need an HVAC control head. I called the Toyota dealer and they were a little lost, even with the vin. I called the Lexus dealer and he said the control head was serviced with the radio, and gave me the number 8612060350 and said the number 16809 would be on the unit. He also said the number could be 8612060380. I googled both numbers and 8612060350 appears to be my radio, but only the radio.

Can anyone please help me with the part number for the HVAC control head? I thought about trying to get a junkyard one, but that does scare me a bit. I ordered the blower motor from o'reilly's as it has a lifetime warranty, though I hope they can get the wheel off the old one.

I appreciate any and all advice on this.

Reading through the threads on the stereo conversion mudders are reporting the LC controller can be used plug and play on the LX. I ordered this from a junkyard for around $75. Junkyards are pretty tough to deal with. Everyone has a different set of terminology for what you are buying. Be sure you know what you are getting. Car-part.com is a good resource for wrecking yards. I just checked for your vehicle and several places show your digital HVAC control available for $100-$200.

If you decide to swap to a 3 dial here is what I purchased. You can see the part number on the rear. The problem I found was Toyota only sells the individual pieces such as the amplifier, knobs and buttons instead of them complete piece you see here.
IMG_1489.JPG
IMG_1490.JPG

Thanks!! I am apprehensive at buying a used one, but I think it' probably my only option. I'll call the local salvage yard tomorrow and keep everyone updated. No blower fan when it's subzero is a real drag!

I recently replaced my blower motor but bought the complete assembly. After replacing I decided to try to remove the squirrel cage and I would recommend purchasing the assembly. I was never able to get it off without damaging the cage. YMMV but the clip and shaft were rusty.

If you decide to replace the entire unit I have a brand new assembly that I purchased a few months ago. Saw it pop up on eBay and couldn’t resist. PM me if this is of any interest to you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom