HVAC bulbs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

D

Docmallory

I must have a bulb out in my HVAC controls. The white light (that comes on when the headlights are on) illuminating the leftmost air control/panel selector buttons does not light up. I'm not talking about the little green indicators - just the backlight that comes on at night. 2-3 of the buttons are not lit up, but I'm guessing there is a single bulb out with one of those plastic bar thingies over it that carries the light to several buttons.

I pried the dash apart last night and found that there is no easily accessible bulb in there, at least not accessible from the top or front. If there are bulbs, they're buried inside the HVAC "box" itself. I started to pry the back off the box last night, but it started to look more involved than I had expected, so I gave up and went to bed.
:-\
Anybody have any experience with this?

You need to get the John Deere/GE HIR bulbs for this application. There's a very real chance that if you do not, one dark night you may reach out to switch from feet to vent and accidentally tune in Howard Stern instead. Be sure to get the harness upgrade as well. 8)

Actually, it would be helpful to know what vehicle we're talking about here.

DougM

oops, sorry Doug :-[

It's a '97 40th model with the Automatic HVAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom