UPDATED 02/19/2024!!! Huracan Fabrication Tailgate Storage Group Buy starts 02/19/24 and ends 03/04/2024!!! (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It will probably be a few months, but I will keep everyone posted.
Or just buy it on eBay. When I did the math it was going to save only a few bucks - totally not worth the wait

On mine, the bolts have all corroded and look like crap, for no reason I can tell. The latches have gotten loose. It rattles. Given the choice, I would not buy it again, there are better made options out there.
Mine has been on for about 2 months so far. The latches aren't loose but they aren't flush with the surface the the plastic flap gets caught in them all the time.

I do not carry or keep chemicals in my truck. I do not tow a boat, so there is never salt water. This is basically daily driving, and why you should NOT buy one of these, besides the crappy latches. Bolts corroding like this in a year and a half is NOT acceptable.

IMG_20200813_111330.jpg

Hmmm...the bolts would be easy to replace with better rust proof ones but the plastic guard catching on the latches and the latches themselves not being great is a key feature. Of course we should expect quality bolts as well. I have heard the Trail Tailor storage solution is made out of aluminum and much better quality...but this comes at a much higher price. Wonder if the TT latches catch on the plastic guard too?

Hmmm...the bolts would be easy to replace with better rust proof ones but the plastic guard catching on the latches and the latches themselves not being great is a key feature. Of course we should expect quality bolts as well. I have heard the Trail Tailor storage solution is made out of aluminum and much better quality...but this comes at a much higher price. Wonder if the TT latches catch on the plastic guard too?
Jason is pretty darn proud of the hardware he uses in his. He was telling me about how much the cost of bits were before I was dumb and bought this one. I'd expect no issues if I bought the TT setup.

That's certainly disappointing. I would swap those screws out for SS asap while you can still get them out. As far as the latches go, that's also disappointing. I wonder if you could have @BenCC print you a replacement for that rubber gasket that had a wider footprint and shallower transition angle. It seems like that gasket just has too steep of an edge, which would catch the plastic.

Hey “Sleepy”

Count me down for a carpeted version please.

Thanks bro for taking your time to help orchestrate this stuff.

How much do these weight?

Edit - e-mailed them and was told 9kg/19.8lbs

Last edited:
Alright, the next Group Buy will be starting this evening. Lots of good info. They will be shipping from the US this time so much shorter shipping turnaround. Details to follow tonight. I will update the first post with details and post here again to let everyone know when it is up.

If anyone wants to sell theirs, 100 series, please PM me.
Missed this one with Life happening, but interested when the next one kicks off!
Interested in the next one
Interested as well.
I’m in as well. How many we need?
count me in for the next group buy too
I would be interested in another group buy. Keep me posted.
How much do these weight?

Edit - e-mailed them and was told 9kg/19.8lbs

New Group Buy Details are in the first post of this thread. Please reach out with any questions. Ends November 8!!

Just ordered one—great price, thanks for putting it together!

Any more reviews from people that have owned these for more than a few months?

I'm hoping that rusting out hardware issue has been resolved as well as the broken latches. I too would be interested in user review from the last group buy.
[/QUOTE
Mine are doing great.
Very satisfied. No rust, latches work as design. Only downside is with the big reverse light housing that I think are on the '03 to '08 years . They take up precious real estate. But still can fit a rifle, couple of ammo boxes, first aid kit, Sawyer mini, small ax and some incidentals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom