UPDATED 02/19/2024!!! Huracan Fabrication Tailgate Storage Group Buy starts 02/19/24 and ends 03/04/2024!!! (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

were you able to fix the latching problem? Tentatively deciding to get this for my lx470.

Here's a few pictures of the install and final. There is space for a rifle, but like you said, you'd have to cut the center brace a little or remove it. I have a few pictures of the tailgate cut so you can see how much room is available; with the new door on it makes it seem like there's not much room but there's a decent amount in there. The reverse light enclosures stick out a bit, but they don't ruin the system. I had a Wagon Gear tailgate storage for my FJ62 so I was excited to get this for my LX.

I do have a couple of issues with mine. The main issue is with the latches; I cannot get them to latch closed when installed. They will close until I mount them. I removed the rubber surround to get more room but still nothing. It's like the door and carpet lining are just a bit too thick or something. I'm sure I'll get it figured out but it's frustrating right now. Also, the plastic tray that folds down to span the gap between the tailgate and rear deck hits the tailgate door hinge gap and gets stuck, so you can't raise the tailgate without manually raising the plastic flap first. I'm thinking I can bevel the plastic a little bit to mitigate this. But still, it's frustrating.

Cut out and open to see the available room.
View attachment 1825111

Center cross-bar.
View attachment 1825112

Here you can see reverse light enclosures.
View attachment 1825113

View attachment 1825114

Latches won't latch!
View attachment 1825116
Here's a few pictures of the install and final. There is space for a rifle, but like you said, you'd have to cut the center brace a little or remove it. I have a few pictures of the tailgate cut so you can see how much room is available; with the new door on it makes it seem like there's not much room but there's a decent amount in there. The reverse light enclosures stick out a bit, but they don't ruin the system. I had a Wagon Gear tailgate storage for my FJ62 so I was excited to get this for my LX.

I do have a couple of issues with mine. The main issue is with the latches; I cannot get them to latch closed when installed. They will close until I mount them. I removed the rubber surround to get more room but still nothing. It's like the door and carpet lining are just a bit too thick or something. I'm sure I'll get it figured out but it's frustrating right now. Also, the plastic tray that folds down to span the gap between the tailgate and rear deck hits the tailgate door hinge gap and gets stuck, so you can't raise the tailgate without manually raising the plastic flap first. I'm thinking I can bevel the plastic a little bit to mitigate this. But still, it's frustrating.

Cut out and open to see the available room.
View attachment 1825111

Center cross-bar.
View attachment 1825112

Here you can see reverse light enclosures.
View attachment 1825113

View attachment 1825114

Latches won't latch!
View attachment 1825116

were you able to fix the latching problem? Tentatively deciding to get this for my lx470.

Yes, you basically just tighten the latch screws just barely enough to hold the latches on. For some reason that fixed it. So the latches are a little bit loose when the door is open.

I also had issues with the tailgate latch not releasing once the tailgate was closed. The tailgate release cable had too much slack for some reason. I don't know if I cut through something that applies tension to the cable or what. But to fix that the only way I could think of was to use a wire rope cable clamp and clamp the cable to a portion of the tailgate that would allow the cable to have enough tension to get the latch to work again. Not sure if this was my fault or something that the LXs have to deal with.

It's a very nicely made door. I was disappointed with the lack of any detailed instructions. And the carpet started peeling back from the edges within a month or so after install. But for the money it's nice. I had something very similar in my FJ62 so I wanted it for the 100. I'd buy it again.

Ordered at $291.27 for my 80!!!!

Ok so group buy is worth $20 in savings?

Thinking about getting in this GB. I have two questions:

1) Anyone else with a with a LX have the tailgate latch problem?
2) Anyone else who got the marine carpet having carpet edges lift up?

Ordered and shipment in route!

What tool or tools do you recommend for install? Any tips, tricks, or best practices to share for those of you that have already installed???

You can YouTube the install. It looks pretty damn simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom