UPDATED 02/19/2024!!! Huracan Fabrication Tailgate Storage Group Buy starts 02/19/24 and ends 03/04/2024!!! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I used a 4" angle grinder with a cut off wheel. It cut like butter. Then used a flap wheel on the grinder to clean up the edges.

Make sure you know the cables are out of the way when you tuck them into the tailgate cavity. I ended up slicing through the passenger side cable. Whoops. Luckily it was easy to replace.
1588692331950.png

4” metal blade with my sawzall was pretty easy.

did you guys remove your tailgate in order to remove the steel spring rod?

4” metal blade with my sawzall was pretty easy.

did you guys remove your tailgate in order to remove the steel spring rod?
Mine was rusty so I just cut the legs off in the gap between the tailgate and body and unbolted the rest of it. Came out in 3 pieces.

I just reached out to them about a 60 series unit. They are sold out of those. Couple days to late.

Just got mine installed. A little disappointed by the plastic tailgate gap thingy hitting the latches when you close the tailgate.

Just got mine installed. A little disappointed by the plastic tailgate gap thingy hitting the latches when you close the tailgate.
Did your kit not come with 3 adhesive backed discs? They go on the underside of the plastic tailgate thingy to keep it spaced out. It is silly we have to deal with that. The latch could have been moved up a 1/4 inch and it would be a non issue.

End product looks nice and it’s definitely useful space created. However it’s a bit pricey for what you get and the amount of work you have to put it not to mention the long wait for delivery.

31FECB82-55CE-4B6A-8037-E52807B04A7C.jpeg

6AAEFE1F-6DF8-46CD-B303-5239F301B0A3.jpeg

AAE08432-3987-44F7-93D7-28315712B1B8.jpeg

Did your kit not come with 3 adhesive backed discs? They go on the underside of the plastic tailgate thingy to keep it spaced out. It is silly we have to deal with that. The latch could have been moved up a 1/4 inch and it would be a non issue.
Yep. Still don’t like it.

After removing the rear gate lower torsion bar (PN: 68870-60010) has anyone found a solution assist the heavy tailgate. Mine slams down now and requires alot more force to lift (I don't have anything in there just yet but I can imagine another 10-20lbs of gear inside would make it more difficult). Maybe something like one of these tailgate assist?

After removing the rear gate lower torsion bar (PN: 68870-60010) has anyone found a solution assist the heavy tailgate. Mine slams down now and requires alot more force to lift (I don't have anything in there just yet but I can imagine another 10-20lbs of gear inside would make it more difficult). Maybe something like one of these tailgate assist?
I left my 2 torsion bars installed and pushed them forward against the front so there is still an assist to lift it.

I have wondered the same thing. I don't mind the heavy lift, but catching the tailgate as it comes down can be a challenge. I have this on the way to experiment with: Dee Zee DZ43301 Truck Tailgate Assist

The only issue I see is finding a suitable mount on the side of the tailgate since it is rounded, but I think a spot a few inches behind the strap mount should work.

I have wondered the same thing. I don't mind the heavy lift, but catching the tailgate as it comes down can be a challenge. I have this on the way to experiment with: Dee Zee DZ43301 Truck Tailgate Assist

The only issue I see is finding a suitable mount on the side of the tailgate since it is rounded, but I think a spot a few inches behind the strap mount should work.
Ohh keep us updated, I'd be interested to see how you implement it into our tailgate. I used one of these kits for my old F150 but it was a pretty straightfoward bolt on processes as it used an existing hole and everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom