Hunting for a 200 - Any other sources? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for a used 200 (2008-2010) and am wondering if y'all know of any other sources...besides the usual ones on the interwebs. I have been using autotrader, cars.com, cargurus, carsforsale, truecar...the usual suspects. Am I missing any? I am located in Florida. I came across a dealer in south Florida (Home - Qi Auto Sales & Leasing, Miami, FL 33122) that is a Cruiser fanatic and has had some really clean examples. But they typically lift them and such and then sell them so his prices are often pretty high. Just thought I would ask y'all if there are any others around. I am willing to travel anywhere in the CONUS for the right one. Always up for a road trip!

I hope to find the right one. No rush but I will be ready to pull the trigger when I find it. I had a 2001 4Runner that I put almost 300k miles on. I sold it and really miss it. However...we now have 4 kids, three of which are in car seats, we do lots of camping and like to get off the beaten path. I have considered the 4Runner with a 3rd row but I am just not feeling it. Also have considered the GX 460 but I don't identify with Lexus. A Sequoia works for us but we will be replacing my wife's Odyssey with a Sequoia at some point so...I keep coming back to the Land Cruiser. Anyway, thinks in advance y'all.

Guy

I think I am going to sell one of mine.
Both white, both 2011 models .

One has 25000 miles the other has 55000 miles. Not real picky about which one I sell.

Both extra clean , both near perfect condition . No lifts, both showroom stock, both less then 7000 miles on new tires.

Send me a PM if interested .

How may I ask did you end up with two???

Thanks but your mileage 2011 will almost certainly be well north of my budget. But thanks anyway.

I think I am going to sell one of mine.
Both white, both 2011 models .

One has 25000 miles the other has 55000 miles. Not real picky about which one I sell.

Both extra clean , both near perfect condition . No lifts, both showroom stock, both less then 7000 miles on new tires.

Send me a PM if interested .

I looked for over a year to find my low mileage 2011 white LC 200, my father will be in the market in a year. Time travels fast, where are you located? My parents get around a good bit, his 100 is just about wore out.

Just noticed you are in Kansas, how does the underside look?

Your approach is good. Just keep checking cars.com and autotrader. I looked 4 months for mine, purchased in May, and it was not the first one I tried to buy. The aggressively priced ones tend to sell the day/day after listing so you'll want to be fast.

Thanks but your mileage 2011 will almost certainly be well north of my budget. But thanks anyway.

I would encourage you to look WAAAAY outside your area on cars.com and Autotrader.com. If you find a sweet deal (or rust-free), gas prices are down, and cheap flights are CHEAP! West coast (LA area) always seems to have factory perfect used ones around. That's where I found my literally perfect 2008 two years ago. It could be well worth the distance to buy from a mass market & dry area.

When I eventually move to Colorado...I'll like still shop for my next Cruiser On the west coast or Arizona...

How may I ask did you end up with two???

I had a 2010, made the mistake of selling it, spent a year and half or so looking for another Super White one like I had before (2011 last year for Super White) , settled on black LX with super low miles, got sick of washing it all the time, hence I rarely drove it, so I started looking again, and ended up settling for the first white one with 45k miles on it, and really liked it still like it , but had alerts still coming in from the Auto sites, and 30 days after buying the 45,000 mile rig, the one I had been searching for turned up like new Super White with only 13K, it was just what I had spent the past 1.5 years looking for, so I bought it too and sold the LX.

I looked for over a year to find my low mileage 2011 white LC 200, my father will be in the market in a year. Time travels fast, where are you located? My parents get around a good bit, his 100 is just about wore out.

Just noticed you are in Kansas, how does the underside look?

We do have some road salt used here in south KS whenever we get snow that's not very often, but I do wash them regularly in the winter for that reason, they are both always garaged at home and at work. The higher mileage truck came out of the south, the prior owner had a primary home in Little Rock AR and a second home in Naples FL it spent its whole life in the south.
The low mileage one came out Michigan, was garage kept but did have some surface rust on the frame even with those crazy low miles, since then it has been undercoated, the higher mileage AR truck had none shocking how clean it was underneath with the miles it had on it, might have just a little now, but very little . It's hard to avoid it on any 5 year Toyota product, either way it should not have enough on either one to hurt anything. Both run and drive flawlessly. I am a bit of perfectionist. neither have any door dings or any noticeable cosmetic flaws.

They both sound really nice, I almost bought a black LX also. It looked so clean when I drove it. On the test drive, I drove by a construction zone and it was covered in dust / gravel amazing what two miles will do in appearance on a black car.

Thanks for the input y'all. I appreciate it and I will just be patient for the right one. No rush but I will be ready to pounce when I come across it. Cheers.

Guy

Dont know if this one is still available, almost seems to good to be true. If it is what it says i really hoe you get it it!

2009, 56,000 miles, $18,000! Looks Cherry but not alot of pics- has to be a catch.

2009 Toyota Land Cruiser, $18000 - Cars.com | Cars.com

Yeah saw this one but almost certain there is a huge catch or a total scam. If not it would have been gone in an instant...

Check the web sites of the larger dealer networks in your area. I found my 2013 being sold used at the Lexus store of one of the largest dealers in the Boston area (Herb Chambers).

Dont know if this one is still available, almost seems to good to be true. If it is what it says i really hoe you get it it!

2009, 56,000 miles, $18,000! Looks Cherry but not alot of pics- has to be a catch.

I'd stake my LC on this being a scam.

I searched for 5 or 6 months before I finally found the truck I wanted. Be warned there appear to be two types of scams on cars.com and autotrader:
  1. Private seller, price typically too good to be true. If you reach out to them they typically claim they are out of the country on business or are military but the vehicle is being held by a shipper and if you pay them via some (presumably fake) escrow service they will deliver the vehicle.
  2. Fake auto sales lot. I saw a few of these where the scammer creates a used car dealer name (like A-1 Auto Sales) that's very similar to an actual used car dealer in a real town (like A+ Auto Sales). Typically the real dealer is in a small town away from a city, and if you use google street view you might even see a used car dealer, but the name won't quite match. The fake auto sales scammer sometimes has a website with a lot of luxury or higher end cars, again with enough detail to make it look like they are the real used car dealer. In this case you can contact the scammer and they will act like a dealer, but I believe the scam here is that they convince you to buy the vehicle and again have it shipped since they're obviously far away from you. Alternately they may suddenly have an interested buyer and just want you to give them a deposit to hold it for you before you come to inspect it in person.
There are probably some other scams as well that I'm not aware of. In short, if it's too good to be true, it's almost certainly a scam.

I found cars.com to have the most fake listings during my search (along with craigslist, which everyone expects). Being able to list with up to 5 pictures for free on cars.com can give the feel of a "real" ad. Autotrader is not free is to why I think I didn't see any on there.

I found cars.com to have the most fake listings during my search (along with craigslist, which everyone expects). Being able to list with up to 5 pictures for free on cars.com can give the feel of a "real" ad. Autotrader is not free is to why I think I didn't see any on there.
They do show up on Autotrader too, but my understanding from a former employee is that Autotrader polices their ads more closely (or at least used to).

Any time I've seen a 200 for around $15-20k less than it should be, it's been a scam - usually pretty obvious one too. I actually get a kick out of looking at ads to spot scams, and I came across this one the other day. Look at the pics closely for a chuckle - it's still hard to tell for sure if it's a scam, but the pics sure do make it look like one: 2007 Lexus LX470

Any time I've seen a 200 for around $15-20k less than it should be, it's been a scam - usually pretty obvious one too. I actually get a kick out of looking at ads to spot scams, and I came across this one the other day. Look at the pics closely for a chuckle - it's still hard to tell for sure if it's a scam, but the pics sure do make it look like one: 2007 Lexus LX470

I used to put the VIN into google to see what it comes up with. Here's what that one (JTJHT00W874025498) shows PUBLIC RECORDS DIRECTORY - Celia Schwartz

Ignoring the obviously photoshopped background, it could be legit but looks like the last owner that google can find with that VIN is in Florida, not Denver. So yeah, smells fishy.

Doing a quick VIN search is an easy way to see if a scammer is using a VIN from a vehicle that was for sale, but was sold several months ago. I had one scammer gladly send me a doctored Carfax report with their phony business info at the top, but if I pulled the carfax data for the same VIN myself it had additional records (including a recent sale) that weren't on the one they sent (which was presumably lifted from the real ad several months earlier).

In my case I would never have purchased a vehicle without inspecting it myself, but I wanted to make sure I didn't drop several hundred $ on airline tickets to end up somewhere that a real vehicle didn't exist.

I used to put the VIN into google to see what it comes up with. Here's what that one (JTJHT00W874025498) shows PUBLIC RECORDS DIRECTORY - Celia Schwartz

Ignoring the obviously photoshopped background, it could be legit but looks like the last owner that google can find with that VIN is in Florida, not Denver. So yeah, smells fishy.

Doing a quick VIN search is an easy way to see if a scammer is using a VIN from a vehicle that was for sale, but was sold several months ago. I had one scammer gladly send me a doctored Carfax report with their phony business info at the top, but if I pulled the carfax data for the same VIN myself it had additional records (including a recent sale) that weren't on the one they sent (which was presumably lifted from the real ad several months earlier).

In my case I would never have purchased a vehicle without inspecting it myself, but I wanted to make sure I didn't drop several hundred $ on airline tickets to end up somewhere that a real vehicle didn't exist.

LOL! Amazing how many of those Cecilia Schartz's are over 100 years old... Heck, one of them said 114 years old...and another was 113. :) And ya... Some bad photoshopping there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom