Hunter tire balancer = good results (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

re_guderian

SILVER Star
Threads
I just got my 4 MTR's balanced at the local tire shop to try and reduce the 65+MPH shaking. Based on searches here, I had them do it on their Hunter road force tool. MUCH better now. I'll have to get my massage elsewhere I guess...

One question for those of you who have had this done, 3 of the 4 tires have less than 1.5 oz of weight after rotating and aligning the rim and tire (2 have almost no wt at all). One tire still has 6 oz. Is this normal? Drives ok, just a chunk of wt on the rim. FYI, tires are 305/70/16 MTR's on steel rims.

Sounds to me like one tire is extremelly out of whack so to speak. Course that is why that machine is so cool is it can take a tire such as that and find its balance where standard machines can't. Still though depending on how new the tires are I might think about taking that one back as it may have a defect that you can't see.

You should have stood out there and watched them do it. I always do, nice to talk to guys that know what they are doing. Most appreciate a customer that knows alittle and is trying to learn. Anyway, they could have told you if it was the wheel or tire that caused the larger amount of wieghts. I'd say if the tires ride smooth not to worry about it but my guess would be that that one tire has alittle problem which could cause some shimmy as it wears down.

Bear80 said:
You should have stood out there and watched them do it.

I'd like to. Dang lawyers... :frown:

Bear80 said:
what shop did you go to? NTB and Discount allows you be in the shop. Discount, however has a red line alone all the machines that you cannot cross but still converse and watch with ease.

Dana Tire in Chandler. They were on my way to work...

re_guderian said:
I just got my 4 MTR's balanced at the local tire shop to try and reduce the 65+MPH shaking. Based on searches here, I had them do it on their Hunter road force tool. MUCH better now. I'll have to get my massage elsewhere I guess...

One question for those of you who have had this done, 3 of the 4 tires have less than 1.5 oz of weight after rotating and aligning the rim and tire (2 have almost no wt at all). One tire still has 6 oz. Is this normal? Drives ok, just a chunk of wt on the rim. FYI, tires are 305/70/16 MTR's on steel rims.

I've been touting that thing for a while now...great machine. Balanced my krawlers perfectly.

kumar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom