Hunter Lake Trail spur work day (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

spressomon

glutton
SILVER Star
Threads
I'm in if I'm not on call!!
Thanks for posting dan!!

I am on call!!! BOOOOOOOO!!
and it's scrub call, so I'm hosed.

I think we are going to try to make it. I can be the "full-size" guage. :flipoff2:

Jack

Seemed like a very good turnout today! Sorry no pics...forgot the dang camera at home...:mad:

I think I counted 15 rigs for this trail work day including myself and Jack & Darcie. It was nice to have a USFS Ranger along for supervision...he also worked right along side of us too!

So...the USFS opened (!!!) a previously closed trail spur off of Garson Road. The spur takes off south from just below the microwave towers. Although it didn't appear to have more than maybe 5 years or so over-growth we had a fair amount of cutting and trimming for this ~1.5 mile trail.

Although I didn't get a chance to hike from the end of this trail per what other's mentioned there is an old boiler and mill site that one can hike to from the turn-around/end of this trail. I plan to go back and check that out!

After we got the intended trail work done we headed south to the "G" trail that leads towards Bronco Canyon to do more cutting and trimming. It sure is easier (and fast!) with 20 or so people cutting and trimming!

And then we headed back to Reno via HLT where I aired up around 5:00PM or so.

More info and pics here: Re-opening a trail...past event report

X2 what Rusty said.
I DID actually end up getting called in too, around 1230, so its a good thing that I didnt push the envelope and go.

K

That was pretty cool. We cleared that trail so that pretty much anything could drive down it now. I had never been down that trail before and we had to leave before seeing the end. I want to go back up there and follow it to the end and do the hike to the boiler.

Jack

Thanks Lo and Spresso for representing the toyota contingent. Glad the project went well. Maybe soon we will be having one of these on Deer Valley and, etc.:idea:. Any discussion with the Ranger to that end? We could also send a thanks note to him/office. Ideas?

Thanks Lo and Spresso for representing the toyota contingent. Glad the project went well. Maybe soon we will be having one of these on Deer Valley and, etc.:idea:. Any discussion with the Ranger to that end? We could also send a thanks note to him/office. Ideas?

I like it!!:hmm:

Unfortunately I didn't get to spend time with the USFS Ranger (Cody Nichols) and he left before we broke for lunch down at Bronco.

But a thank you note is a great idea to show our appreciation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom