Hungry Valley Pronghorn Trail Wall Love Bump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I took the kiddos up to Hungry Valley last weekend with two buddies of mine who also have 80's for a little off road family fun. We had a blast, my fourth off roading trip since baselining my 80 over the last couple years, and first trip since getting my WKOR sliders installed, and finally got my lockers working! We started with the Pronghorn trail which the kids loved, and when we got to the "wall" they were a little freaked out, so was I to be honest. I've never driven an obstacle of that difficulty ever, and was nervous about how exactly to make it up and what line to take up. My two buddies went first without problems and just basically motored right up. When it was my turn I put the truck in neutral , shifted the t case in 4lo, put the rear locker on, then shifted into 2nd and started up. We started to motor right up and I got on the gas as soon as i reached the steepest, rutted, eroded part before the top, there were two loud thump bangs and the truck shook, the kids screamed, but we motored right on up! I was stoked! Kids were a bit freaked but then started laughing. I got out at the top and discovered that I had gotten a little love bump from the rocks. See pics, my question is how best to pop this out and restore the finish, rear bumper is low on my list for next couple of mods so I want to try and resuscitate the stock bumper. Any tips? Take off and repair? Also, any recommended you tube videos on the basics of offroad driving, I searched a bit and was a bit overwhelmed by all of the content, Anyway thanks for the advice!

PXL_20210104_224651123.jpg
PXL_20210104_224632955.jpg
PXL_20210104_223137404.jpg

So I took the kiddos up to Hungry Valley last weekend with two buddies of mine who also have 80's for a little off road family fun. We had a blast, my fourth off roading trip since baselining my 80 over the last couple years, and first trip since getting my WKOR sliders installed, and finally got my lockers working! We started with the Pronghorn trail which the kids loved, and when we got to the "wall" they were a little freaked out, so was I to be honest. I've never driven an obstacle of that difficulty ever, and was nervous about how exactly to make it up and what line to take up. My two buddies went first without problems and just basically motored right up. When it was my turn I put the truck in neutral , shifted the t case in 4lo, put the rear locker on, then shifted into 2nd and started up. We started to motor right up and I got on the gas as soon as i reached the steepest, rutted, eroded part before the top, there were two loud thump bangs and the truck shook, the kids screamed, but we motored right on up! I was stoked! Kids were a bit freaked but then started laughing. I got out at the top and discovered that I had gotten a little love bump from the rocks. See pics, my question is how best to pop this out and restore the finish, rear bumper is low on my list for next couple of mods so I want to try and resuscitate the stock bumper. Any tips? Take off and repair? Also, any recommended you tube videos on the basics of offroad driving, I searched a bit and was a bit overwhelmed by all of the content, Anyway thanks for the advice!

View attachment 2546434View attachment 2546437View attachment 2546438
I think I have both factory bumper corners sitting around. One may have a little mark on it where a sticker was. If your interested let me know. I'll let them go for $10 over shipping cost.

First off, nice clean build. Welcome to wheeling, where trees and rocks jump out and bite your rig. That said, the bumper corners are pretty easy to remove and pop the dent; however, you have some paint damage, so, depending on how much detail you prefer, you may want to spray paint the corner.

Also, the first dent/scratch is always the hardest...

I also have a pair of corners sitting around. PM me if you want them.

I think I have both factory bumper corners sitting around. One may have a little mark on it where a sticker was. If your interested let me know. I'll let them go for $10 over shipping cost.
Thanks very much, lemme figure out best options and I'll be in touch if needed!

First off, nice clean build. Welcome to wheeling, where trees and rocks jump out and bite your rig. That said, the bumper corners are pretty easy to remove and pop the dent; however, you have some paint damage, so, depending on how much detail you prefer, you may want to spray paint the corner.

Also, the first dent/scratch is always the hardest...

I also have a pair of corners sitting around. PM me if you want them.
Thank you, and I've been trying to focus on getting it fully functional, with many many repairs that one can't see from the outside (new master cylinder, fuel filter, fan clutch, intake tube, etc etc) I might just take you up on those bumper corners, I'll PM you once I figure out my plan of attack! Thanks

Reactions: YMT
I can tell you what my :princess: does with the Bean's trail rash. She puts the location and date under/over the dent with a paint pen, so we can look back later and remember the :steer:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom