Hundy in the La Sal's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had a great time in the La Sal mountains outside of Moab over the Memorial Day weekend. We set up camp at Hidden Lake and towed the tent trailer about 5 hours from Salt Lake. 5 adults, all gear and equipment for 4 days/3 nights, the 3500 lb trailer and the hundy handled it great! I averaged 65-70 mph and we got 12 mpg both ways, which actually surprised me. My wife gets 15-16 mpg daily driving it. It's on 35's with stock gearing so I imagine that's like having a bit of an extra overdrive. I'd love to get my hands on a supercharger for this Cruiser. Just turned 70,000 miles old over this trip as well. We LOVE this truck.

Tech - the rear factory locker helped me pull the trailer out of our camp spot up hill over some good sized rocks. :D

Will post a pic or two when I get home, work server just denied my request to upload files. :doh:
Hidden Lake 5-25-09 014.jpg

Last edited:
Added a pic, will add more when wife puts the rest on the computer.

Nice set up! :cheers:

I'll take that scene over a suite at a terrific hotel anytime (not that I haven't been known to enjoy a suite). I have yet to take my 100 camping and I've owned it since last Aug :crybaby:-- Cruiser Abuse for sure.

Question: how are you calculating your mileage, by the odo or by GPS? Has your speedo been adjusted for 35s?

Just curious...great looking rig BTW...go for that supercharger!

I'll take that scene over a suite at a terrific hotel anytime (not that I haven't been known to enjoy a suite). I have yet to take my 100 camping and I've owned it since last Aug :crybaby:-- Cruiser Abuse for sure.

Question: how are you calculating your mileage, by the odo or by GPS? Has your speedo been adjusted for 35s?

Just curious...great looking rig BTW...go for that supercharger!

I calculate my total miles driven by GPS. No, the speedo is not adjusted, so I have to add an additional ~10% of whatever the indicated speed to know how fast I'm traveling, or just look at the GPS.

We love staying in the tent trailer. Has heat, bathroom, etc. so it's very comfy (at least it seems to us). We're heading back out on the first weekend of June to Boulder Mountain (high mountain, southern Utah). Hoping to get into some serious brookie fishing:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom