Builds Hundo Family Truckster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wrapping this up. Rear looks much cleaner. Little paint correction and waxing really smoothed out the hatch.

Rear Hatch.jpg

Rear Hatch 2.jpg

Fender and door are now fixed, what an eyesore that was. Now those 2 panels look way better that the rest of the truck. I am seriously considering just wrapping the whole truck.

Fender 1.jpg

Fender 2.jpg

Prepping for The San Juan's later in the month getting some stuff wrapped up on the roof mounted up the 8'X8'awning. Works great with the @prospeed rack.

Awning 1.jpg

awning 2.jpg

Looks good! Been debating on the Prospeed, Prinsu style racks vs. the Gamiviti Expo++. Price is main concern then wind noise. Will eventually put an Overland Pros Wraptor 4k on it but that will likely be it.

What paint did you use on your rims? Thinking I may give mine a shot for either a darker grey or dark bronze (if I can find one I like).

I have dropped my rear bumper on one to many pieces of slick-rock and it was hanging on by just a couple bolts. I thought maybe I could repair it and clean it up and put it back on but I fear its too far gone. So now I am hunting for a rear. I am leaning towards a Dissent but they are like 3 months out and I haven't even heard back from Ben on the ordering procedure. Looks like I can go ARB with only a couple weeks delay so I may go that route for the short term. Glad to see there was no rust on the rear rocker panels. Here is how it looked when I pulled the bumper cover, I mean when it fell off.

Rear Bumper 1.jpg

After getting the area cleaned up.

Rear Bumper 2.jpg

I didn't like looking at the tire even in the short term, so I cut the wings off the top plate. I started trying to be gentle with the jigsaw but then ended up just using the sawzall and the angle grinder to clean it up.

Rear bumper 3.jpg

After

Rear Bumper 4.jpg

and the pile grows...

Pile (1).jpg

Couple of the before pictures of the old bumper.

Rear Bumer 5.jpg

Rear Bumer 6.jpg

Rear Bumer 7.jpg

After seeing plenty of the battles with rust on these trucks, I was glad to see this rear rocker looking so good. Looks like I need to fix some plastidip from where I hugged that tree.

Rear Bumer 8.jpg

Last edited:
I had purchased a Compustar FMX 2 way Remote Start system for my 2013 F150 (smokin deal and free installation). Well to install it they need two keys. So 15 minutes at Ford and $350 later I have a new key with instructions on how to remote start the truck, derp. Having already paid for the unit, I talked with the guy at Best Buy to kind of feel him out, as I know some people have had bad experiences with some of their installers. He seemed pretty talented and confident he could do on the Truckster. That being said the unit seems to work really well on my 02.

Update: After a few weeks of use on the Compustar unit I can report that it works great, can start the truck up to 3000 feet away. The 2 way fob is super handy as it gives regular feedback on how long the truck has been running.

Compustar.jpg

Last edited:
All The Small Things. Maybe that should be the name of my thread. After 3 years of the mirror falling off when my shorty of a wife drove the cruiser the spring complete sheared in 2. $14 later ($12 in shipping) and a about 6 days (Partsouq) I have a new spring. The screw in the mirror itself was rounded out completely so I was able to get it out and cut a slot in it for a flat blade screwdriver to get it actually tight. For the record it held up with the Gorilla tape for that 6 days just fine. Still wobbled just a bit.

Mirror Spring 1.jpg

Mirror Spring 2.jpg

Steering wheel redone using the Loncky set up. Worked out pretty well. I took the wheel off so I could do it while watching TV or something. All told was about 4 hours of work.

Before:

View attachment 2220911

After:
View attachment 2220912

Reinstalled

View attachment 2220913
Color seems to match pretty well.

Pro Tip:

use the Duct Tape

View attachment 2220914

Some finishing details I did on It to tighten up the ends.

View attachment 2220915
Nearly 4 years too late, but thanks for this idea to tighten up the ends. One out of the four came out good for me, the rest leave a little to be desired. Was going to take it off and was envisioning a sort of Star of David cross stitch to pull the sides in. This makes more sense.

love the build. Just reading it now, hope the story ends well!

Thanks. Hard to believe its been more than a year and a half since I last posted. Currently chasing an intermittent traction control activation (Trac flashing and brakes applied). Starting with replacing the front ABS/Speed sensors. Then on to tie rod ends. Wish me luck.

Tackled the Front Speed/ABS sensors this last weekend. After Spraying the sensors with PB Blaster for a week and a half the passenger side came out relatively easy. The drivers side on the other hand broke and I had to do the dreaded digging out the old one. 3 hours later and it was out here is what's left of it:

PXL_20231229_020440118.jpg

Glad I didn't have to pull the rotor and hub but DAMN...

Last edited:
i have to admit to coming into this thread really recently since it just surfaced again...but I can't express how disappointed I was that your 100 isn't metallic Spring green with wood grain vinyl on the sides. I AM glad, however, that there isn't a leash and collar attached to the rear bumper ;)

i have to admit to coming into this thread really recently since it just surfaced again...but I can't express how disappointed I was that your 100 isn't metallic Spring green with wood grain vinyl on the sides. I AM glad, however, that there isn't a leash and collar attached to the rear bumper ;)
Metallic Pea or Peat for the record LOL, "If you think you hate it now, wait until you drive it"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom