Hundies down Under (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm down in Adelaide Australia for the next few months. I've been very impressed with the 100's down here. I'd say 9 out of 10 are modded. In the US it's probably more like 1 out of 10. Almost all of them have a front bumper (TJM) or the Toyota Factory bumper bar (Aluminum?). Many of them are fully decked out, I don't see too many sliders tho. It's great fun just walking around town checking them out.

Tons of modded Prado's, 80's, 200's and Nissan Patrols as well. I dig the Prado, there is a little bit lost in translation when it becomes a Lexus GX in the states.

patrickfinley said:
I'm down in Adelaide Australia for the next few months. I've been very impressed with the 100's down here. I'd say 9 out of 10 are modded. In the US it's probably more like 1 out of 10. Almost all of them have a front bumper (TJM) or the Toyota Factory bumper bar (Aluminum?). Many of them are fully decked out, I don't see too many sliders tho. It's great fun just walking around town checking them out.

Tons of modded Prado's, 80's, 200's and Nissan Patrols as well. I dig the Prado, there is a little bit lost in translation when it becomes a Lexus GX in the states.

I'd love to spend some time down there. Is there any way you could find me some TJM T15 steel bumper ends? I'll pay cost ,shipping plus finders fee. I have detailed pics of what I am looking for.

My wife lived in Perth for about 6 months when she was 20. She said it was one of the greatest trips she's ever been on. We hope to go back some day, as I've never been there. Where exactly is Adelaide?

Adelaide is near Melbourne in Southern Australia. The leaves are falling off the trees right now, we're going into fall. I skipped right over summer.

I'll try to snap some photos of the rigs I see, they're all over. I'll look into where to find TJM around here.

I'm looking forward to some Wagyu beef and Kanagroo meat.

thats because typically in Australia we believe that you use a 4wd for 4wd'ing hahaha not cruising malls...

.....but.....but.....but

useless_thread.jpg

pics.gif
useless_thread.jpg
pics.gif

If the Hoff and Gary don't mind, I'll revive this waste of a thread.

In Albuquerque New Mexico when I do my morning commute 9 miles each way, if I don't happen to pass Beno or CDan, there's a strong chance I won't see a modded LC.

Here in Adelaide Australia, I have a 1 mile walk, this morning this is what I saw (All heavily modded)

4 - 100LC (2 snorkeled)
4 - 200LC (2 snorkeled)
2 - 70 series (1 troopy, 1 short wheelbase)
3 - Prados
1 - Fj60

I've never seen that kind of density of heavily modded 4wd Toyotas. Even in Colorado I've never seen that many in 15 minutes.

The LC100's that I saw had a great 3 bar cross bar with no side rails. Also, the Australian running boards are nice, they appear about 2-3" better clearance than the US spec. They are much closer to the body of the vehicle. Sorry for the tiny photo, it's all I could quickly find for reference.
ifs-100series-suspension.jpg

I'd love to spend some time down there. Is there any way you could find me some TJM T15 steel bumper ends? I'll pay cost ,shipping plus finders fee. I have detailed pics of what I am looking for.

Hi mate, I live in Perth Australia and if you are having trouble sourcing TJM stuff I'm happy to go down to the TJM store and see if they have what you are after. PM me the pics of what you want.

Cheers
Warwick

patrickfinley said:
Here in Adelaide Australia,

Hi Patrick

I'm located in Adelaide if you want to catch up. I'll be away in the west on a 4wd trip until 14th June but happy to catch up after that if you want.

Cheers
Steve

Adelaide, Australia
Definitely not next to Melbourne

2003 100 Series Turbo Diesel Auto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom