HUMMING FORM THE REAR CHECKED AND (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When I had my LC maintenanced, I also told them to check on the humming sound coming from the rear section above 65MPH. i was afraid it could be the third member.
They did the road test and based on the road test, it was coming from the tires that are coped inward. Best thing to do is replace the tires.
I have bridgestone Dueler and it is not worn, so I am thinking of keeping it until the next time I will replace my tires. I do not think it is worth changing tires for a little hum.
I have read lots of posts regarding the humming sound from various users. Check your tires carefully before getting in too deep with othe rexpensive area.
I am considering replacing with either Yokohama, Cooper, or Kumho tires in the near(I hope) future.

with both my new at and old bald street tires same hum/whine over 75mph. For a while it was up to 80 now back to 75 mph.

[quote author=semlin link=board=2;threadid=9661;start=msg84865#msg84865 date=1073330224]
with both my new at and old bald street tires same hum/whine over 75mph. For a while it was up to 80 now back to 75 mph.
[/quote]

Yeah I hate do do the me too thing but... Mine seems to do it from 65 - 75 or so but it's quiet as a church mouse at 90 :D

Humming tires should not be a problem unless it drives you crazy. Some racing tire shop have shaving equipment that could make the tread even again. Its pretty costly though since one could cost about $25 and you need to do all 4 to maintain same diameter.

One other thing is if you suspect your drivetrain are noisy before you replace any hardpart try using Redline Heavy Shockproof Gear oil. They have the same thickness as 75W90 gear oil but have proctection level the same as 240 weigh gear oil. Greatly reduce drivetrain clunk also if the gear are getting worn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom