Hummer Hummer H3? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think they are kind of cool. Supposed to be good off road. They need to drop a real engine in them though. That little off balanced 5 banger cant be any good. The duramax diesel would be awesome.

I like them better than the H2. I would like to see the H3 compete more
with the new Wrangler offering a softop version. A better engine is on the horizon I've heard....

pos..

i'll have to agree with Mace. The H1 is awesome, H2 is a Suburban with a mutant body kit, and the H3 is even more of a disgrace to the Hummer name. Seriously, if they wanted to make a smaller HUMMER, they should have just made a smaller hummer, not just get a hummer-esque body line and stick on one of the other Chevy chassis.

I seriously considered an FJ Cruiser, but wanted the additional seating capacity.

I have driven the H3 and they are slow but I think off road they are not bad. The 4:1 transfer case kicks ass as does the rear locker. They should have made an option on the FJ for a lower transfer case gear. The interior is not the quality you would expect in a vehicle that costs that much but then neither is the FJ in my opinion so I guess its all up to the buyer.

I only make reference to the FJ and H3 because I considered them both before I got my 80

it's a boxy body on a colorado truck frame.

if you'd wheels a colorado or a trailblazer...well...you can wheel the H3. Personally, I don't think much of them on the trails...but...on the street, I suppose they're as good or bad as any other vehicle.

We passed a GM crew of engineers, sales types, execs, and a support team taking the H2, the then unreleased H3 and a couple heep rigs on the rubicon trail...they spent quite a bit of time wrenching on the rigs (from what the support team told us on their last day on the trail).

Soon to be offered with an optional small block v8.

Just admit you have a small weiner and get it over with. :flipoff2: H3=POS (with emphasis).

I try to stay open minded, but I would never trust one of those. You peek in over on one of their forums and 90% of the threads are about problems, trips to the dealer, etc. Even if they were reliable, guys are breaking front and rear diffs on moderate obstacles. No thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom