Hume to Buck Rock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've heard many times that there is a trail out of Hume that goes up to Buck Rock. I'm at Hume a few times each summer but this will be my first with a dirt bike and I'd like to check this trail out. Anyone have some info as to where the trail picks up? I'm on a green sticker bike so asphalt is a no go.

Thanks for any help.

Talk to CruiserFJ45, he's worked up there and been on the trails.

My understanding is there is a way to get to the back side of Buck Rock from somewhere in the Hume area, but you may have to go on Quail Flat road a little ways. Some of my cousins accidentally found the F.S. road while mountain biking back from Buck Rock.

i know there is a old railroad track that goes from hume area and goes for a bit. the trail is the old ralroad. and you can hike down and see one of the engines from way back during the logging. its been like 15 yrs since i was on that road .

Its called camp 7 road. Let me know when you are going and I could meet you. It does involve roads where you will need a street legal bike. There are some other roads where a green sticker will work. We call it the ridge trail and runs by huckleberry meadow.

Yes. As soon as you get on that road you will be green sticker ok until you hit Barton pass road (paved road) then you need plates.

Short notice here: I have tomorrow (Thur. 7/7) off, and will be in the Hume Lake area with at least part of my family. I plan to hit the Buck Rock J**p trail, and then see what else we feel like doing.

If anyone has the time and wants to meet up, let me know! Both Dans & Cacy have my number, I'll keep Channel 23 open.

We went and had a great time! Trip report will be posted as soon as pics & vids get uploaded.

On a side note, there were a few trees across the trail with bypasses already being made around them. The ranger at the lookout said they'd just opened this week, but it was evident there had been rigs through before us. The only people we saw on the trail were a couple mountain bikers heading down. I don't know if this is old news, but the sign at the top cannot be read due to letters falling/off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom