Hume Lake area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was recently informed that the roads in the Hume Lake area are open Except Buck Rock which is expected to open as soon as Fire or Recreation personnel can patrol it; which should be soon so get prepared for a trail opening / inspection very soon.
I will post info as soon as i get it.

Jerome

Got the word today that all trails are open in the Hume Lake area including Buck Rock and as of yet no patrols have been performed by the Forest Service, I am planning to go up Saturday morning and patrol the trail and will have more details to share at the meeting tomorrow...........so be there

Jerome

Meeting at the McDonalds parking lot at Riggin and Dinuba Hwy. 6/6/15 at 0730 and will head up to the Hume lake Ranger Station for orientation before we proceed to the trail so any straglers can catch up and meet there if need be.
Hope to see you guys in the a.m.

Update
Just want to let everyone know that our patrol of the Buck Rock Trail and the Cheater Trail went extremely well.
It was a beautiful day on the mountain and the Trail was in the best condition i've seen.
As of 6/6 the trail and surrounding area were clear of trees and debris, trail markers and barriers were also ok, so lets all plan on enjoying a safe 2015 season.
Thanks Wes, Aaron and Dennis for your help.

Jerome

Big Meadows Campground and surrounding area including Buck Rock Trail opened today, no patrol has been done by the Forest Service.
I am planning to go up next Saturday 6/4/16 to tour the area and see what needs to be done.
I'll be meeting at the McDonalds parking lot at Riggin and Dinuba Hwy. at 0730

Hey Jerome,

@GW Nugget and myself will be camping with some others at the Logger Flat campground next weekend, and might be able to join up with you for awhile. Maybe you could swing by there on your way though and get us.

Aloha Mr. J

What did U find up there ? ? Any work we need to do ? How do all the bypasses look ?

He hasn't gone yet. It's this Saturday if you want to go still.

Aloha Don

He slipped out of town on Monday & took a drive up to Big Meadows to look around.

Hi Donal: I should be at the Big Meadow entrance off of Generals Highway around 0930-1000 ish if you would like to meet up.

And yes as Dave mentioned, I was able to run up and inspect the trail on Monday and over all it looked great, I only saw one bypass that the Forrest Service created, I did not get to check the cheater trail section but maybe this Saturday we can look at it as well as other parts of the mountain. All the regular bypasses looked good and the backfires the Forrest service set actually helped by burning back brush along the trail. It looks like minor stuff and trash pick-up on the Buck Rock side, there maybe more elsewhere.
Bring Gloves, safety glasses and trail tools, I will bring a saw if we need it.
Hope to see everyone in the a.m.

Last edited:
I will see if we can get over there by then. We will kind of be at the mercy of the rest of our group, though. Not everyone is there for four-wheeling, and our kids will probably be wanting to get down to the lake.

Will you be running a CB channel?

Will you be running a CB channel?[/QUOTE]

Sorry no radio yet

Don is on his way up & wanted me to post for others that he will be on channel 4 if others have a radio.

Let him know I'll run channel 4.

Sorry, we spent most of the day at the lake or campground. It was a beautiful weekend to get out of the valley heat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom