hubs and supercharger!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi everyone.

Theres any afordable and reliable hubs wich i can install in my stock 1978's BJ40 diesel land cruiser ? can't go Warn because they are very expensive where i live( 3 times more than U.S. prices!!!) and superwinch have not local dealer. I been thinking if some Asco (Aisin) hub from any other toyota vehicle can be used in mine so i can buy it from a local junker/ scrapyard.

the last but not the least:
Any one has tried electric supercharger(axial type) on stock B engine?

Thanks in advance.

me (not the other me)

the last but not the least:
Any one has tried electric supercharger(axial type) on stock B engine?

I'm sure someone has, but they've just been too embarrassed to admit that they spent money on bull****.

fj60

lots of write ups on fj60 axle swaps but that may end up more than the hubs

I'd try and get them used

i got no problem with used ones but first need need to know what model/ year/make to look for...and that is what i wanna know...

1978 might have the long spline CVs, so 60 and Hilux parts wont fit.. They can be made fit by installing the correct later model short spline CV, but this will likely require axle housing clearancing.. Another option is to Martack the inner axle shafts and shorten the long spline to the short spline length to allow the FWH to fit.

i saw a 70's fj-55 whit SELECTRO HUB at a boneyard so i been thinking if that can fix in mi rig.What do you say?

hi everyone.

Theres any afordable and reliable hubs wich i can install in my stock 1978's BJ40 diesel land cruiser ? can't go Warn because they are very expensive where i live( 3 times more than U.S. prices!!!) and superwinch have not local dealer. I been thinking if some Asco (Aisin) hub from any other toyota vehicle can be used in mine so i can buy it from a local junker/ boneyard.

what you are trying to tell me is that if both rigs have the same spline patters then they will match?mine have the fine splines.

Not all fine splines are the same length, some are long, some are short. If you have long splines, a short splined freewheeling hub wont fit. If you have short splines, a long spline freewheeling hub wont work, because you cant get the c clip retainer on. If you Martack the inner axles, a short spline in a long FWH will work and a shortened long spline in a short FWH will work. Rather than mess about Martacking and shortening splines to save money, it might just be better to find the correct parts.

I dont believe he is talking about the aisin as he would have to change to the shorter birf I thought he was still talking about the selectro.:bang:I guess Im a few posts behind

i allways though selectro was a produc from Warn ; i though it was a good quality brand.

by the way :who manufacture that hub? i think it is not getting making any more since70's.
What going wrong with selectro brand?

Not all fine splines are the same length, some are long, some are short. If you have long splines, a short splined freewheeling hub wont fit. If you have short splines, a long spline freewheeling hub wont work, because you cant get the c clip retainer on. If you Martack the inner axles, a short spline in a long FWH will work and a shortened long spline in a short FWH will work. Rather than mess about Martacking and shortening splines to save money, it might just be better to find the correct parts.

You can run the shorter birf stubs in a long hub. You just have to use a fender washer instead of the C clip. Not a big deal at all.

so...in conclussion:Thers no a "just drop in" Aisin/Asco hub of any commercial/regular vehicle wich i can adapt to mi rig ? right

so...in conclussion:Thers no a "just drop in" Aisin/Asco hub of any commercial/regular vehicle wich i can adapt to mi rig ? right

There IS a "drop-in" Aisin hub.....the rare long body that will fit your Birf.:rolleyes:

really? thath cool but : can you tell me on wich vehicle it is mounted(make, year,mode) so i can run this weekend to my local boneyard and look for.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom