Hub nut size (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kling-on

Kool Arrow
Threads
Website
www.texas4x4.org
Ok going to swap drop out and I dont want to shade tree it this time and do it with chanel locks..... so what size socket it it i found 2 3/8 ,2 1/2 and 2 3/4 the 2 3/8 looks right but what do ya'll have

54mm........but I won't sware to it.......I have had no coffee yet :D

[quote author=Landpimp link=board=1;threadid=12934;start=msg119256#msg119256 date=1079015824]
54mm........but I won't sware to it.......I have had no coffee yet :D
[/quote]

Mmmm 2.16 in thats not any of the hub sockets I found I hope the 2 3/8 will work :-\

biggest mertric I found was 32 mm

Look for a 54mm for OTC tool(they do the toyota SST's) most good parts stores can get these, about $20. Also Snap On/Bluepoint, $16 and very nice, needs a 3/4-1/2 adapter.

John H

I have one, it work but its not very well made...

the Snap On or OTC is MUCH better..............IMOP

[quote author=IDave link=board=1;threadid=12934;start=msg119314#msg119314 date=1079021217]
SOR sells a version of it: according to year.

http://www.sor.com/sor/cat200c.tam?xax=28519
[/quote]

That's good to know, John.

bought one from MAC, but dont remember size, i'll check tonight.

My way of remembering this dates me:

12-6495.jpg

Sears has them. That will help you tonight. IIRC, it is 54mm. There was a post here about three weeks ago on this exact topic. But I cannot seem to find it in the search.

So, I notice that SOR sells different hub sockets for before and after 9/75. Anyone know the difference?

Drum brake and disc brake spindle nuts...thought that drum brake was 46mm, just like the crank nut..but I do not have either in front of me right now...

Sor socket is cheap, thin, and will deform in the event that you have to put alot of load on it..will work a few times, not something to 'invest' in, as tooling is..

Snap on 54 mm hub socket, for the disck brake spindle nuts, sold by Marlin, and many others, only 25.00us.

I have a few, and all work great.

Good luck!

-Steve

For completeness sake and future reference, I'm going to add here that the drum brake hub nut is 50 mm.

For completeness sake and future reference, I'm going to add here that 54mm is equal to 2.126 inches, or a smidgeon more than 2 1/8", because I want to learn to talk like Dave talks.

What, funny I talk waY? :D

honk said:
For completeness sake and future reference, I'm going to add here that 54mm is equal to 2.126 inches, or a smidgeon more than 2 1/8", because I want to learn to talk like Dave talks.

picked up a 12 pt 2 1/8 from sears today. didnt have it at osh. $27 plus 5 for the 3/4 to 1/2. works great. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom