Hub lock-out compatibility Ball - Birf (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Question regarding the possibity of swapping a Warn hub from a Ball & Claw front axle into a '72 Birfield front axle w/ busted Selectro hubs... I did some searching, but i guess i'm just not clear on whether the outer shaft splines are different between the two axles, maybe i'm missing the obvious.

Worst case i'll pull the warns off and see if they'll go on the '72 axle, but I was hoping the knowledge base on here might save me a little greif and a big mess.

appreciate the help
:cheers:
pic of the selctro
IMG_1164.jpg

Fine example picture of why they are called "ejectros".... :lol:

Bolt the Warn(s) on.

Should work just fine.

:beer:

I have a spare selectro that is yours for the price of shipping.

VTCruiser - thank you, I may take you up on that offer, as i'd like to at least but hubs back on the Ball&Claw axle prior to selling it off.

I talked to Mile Marker today, which i found to be very helpful. here's the response from their tech guy for those who may find themselves in this situation in the future, including a diagram of a similar hub. I'm gonna call tomorrow and find out how much the part would be to order.

Selectro Classic Hub:
The hub in you picture is a old 11024-01. The part you need is a cam part number 501.107.52TF if you need to have one just like the one in your picture that is made out of zinc… same number but Z at the end.
· The jpg is not the same as you hub but parts 9,10,11,12,13,,14,7,1 are the same as your hub.
· Yes we do have them in stock. When you call back ask for Susanne or Jackie they will have the cost for you.
11034-01_small.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom