How's your 100 Series Body Lift?

saucebox

Slobivius Americanus
SILVER Star
How has your experience been with the 1" on the LX? Did you come across any issues? all you needed was the trail tailor kit no other mods to make this work?

I am looking at 1/2" vs 1".

Thanks!

No issues at all, and no additional mods needed.

Well...maybe one issue. One of the bolts loosened up on me once, and made a hell of a racket on accel/decel for a minute there. I thought for sure I screwed something up during the SAS project...took us a minute to figure out what it was. Just double-check tightness I guess :bang:

How has your experience been with the 1" on the LX? Did you come across any issues? all you needed was the trail tailor kit no other mods to make this work?

I am looking at 1/2" vs 1".

Thanks!
I would also like to know this. I'm looking to do the body lift as well.

No issues at all, and no additional mods needed.

Well...maybe one issue. One of the bolts loosened up on me once, and made a hell of a racket on accel/decel for a minute there. I thought for sure I screwed something up during the SAS project...took us a minute to figure out what it was. Just double-check tightness I guess :bang:

You didnt have to do anything with the radiator at 1 inch body lift?

saucebox

Slobivius Americanus
SILVER Star
You didnt have to do anything with the radiator at 1 inch body lift?

Good question—yes, the radiator has to drop by the same amount.

But now that I'm thinking...I did have to pop two holes in the front sheet metal (behind the grill). The stock holes on mine are super dodgy—like someone just couldn't quite get a radiator job right some time before I owned it. 2 years on, I don't recall if that was part of the kit instructions or a workaround for my specific truck.

jackhossross

GOLD Star
Does raising the body an inch crest an inch gap between bumper and front grill? I’m confused. Need more pictures!

GTV

Does raising the body an inch crest an inch gap between bumper and front grill? I’m confused. Need more pictures!

The top of the bumper covers are attached to the body, the bottoms are attached to the frame. With a body lift the covers will “stretch” some, with my 1/2” lift this creates a slightly wavy gap between the two but if I didn’t tell you it was there you probably wouldn’t notice. The more body lift the more it will become noticeable.

1/2” BL combined with 3/4” AHC sensor lift in N height and 285/70/17’s:
3CD6C1B9-1F1A-4990-B9D9-1E1A691915B4.jpeg

Very noticeable gap with 1” BL at front bumper. I cut my own plastic cover to cover the gap, but it was not a quick job. Took quite a few hours, but ended up looking pretty good.

I ordered the coastal off-road dual swing rear bumper to accommodate the 1” BL and they did very good job constructing the bumper for a natural, no gap look.

a_traut_man

SILVER Star
@GTV at 1/2 did you have any other tweaks that needed to made with your radiator, shift linkage, or steering shaft? I've read through the thread and looks to be a bit of a mixed bag on info. Ordered material for 5/8 and already second guessing myself.

I had to do the shift linkage on my 1”
Just loosen it before the lift and tighten it after
For 5/8” I doubt it

GTV

@GTV at 1/2 did you have any other tweaks that needed to made with your radiator, shift linkage, or steering shaft? I've read through the thread and looks to be a bit of a mixed bag on info. Ordered material for 5/8 and already second guessing myself.

I loosened the slip joint on my steering shaft before starting, after the lift was in gave it a few taps with a hammer while my buddy steered back and forth, then tightened it back up. May have been unnecessary but I figured it couldn't hurt. My parking brake was very loose before the install, afterwards it was nice and tight. So if you're tight now you may need to back it off a little.

If you don't yet have an extension for your low range gear lever you'll definitely want one after the body lift.

jLB

Another one followed me home. Can we keep it?
SILVER Star

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom