How's 'bout a hand with head help? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Delancy

SILVER Star
Threads
Besides the fuel pump, which could block off with OE plate, what else do we see wrong?

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I don't own, but have contemplated acquiring for many months.

A new head....albeit, specifically for a industrial application and why trying to determine viability as it's 1/3 the expense of new.

I don't see anything wrong with it and it's an interesting alternative....

I know these motors were used in forklifts etc...

I would imagine that all the valves, lifters, and cams would be interchangeable...

Is that a coolant port between #1 and #2 cylinders on the left side?

I have a spare head that's apart if you'd like some #'s...

Is that a coolant port between #1 and #2 cylinders on the left side?
He said its for a mechanical fuel pump (assuming for a carbed industrial motor)

Is it Chinese?

They claim it an OE 02-7FG35 1FZ cylinder head.

Yeah check the valve sizes, 38mm for Intake, 32mm for exhaust. 7mm for valve guides. The combustion chambers look really clean, is that a Toyota casting? Almost looks like they have already been cleaned up.

Said to be, also said to be 80/450 and they'll configure block offs accordingly.

He said its for a mechanical fuel pump (assuming for a carbed industrial motor)

Robbie brought up the bowl size when I asked him about many months ago.

Anyone know if it'd be any different between non-US and US 1Fzs, 'cause the heads are listed as the same part for both EFI and carb'd?

Nice to see you back in the forum where you belong... you got a P/N? I can try a couple checks to see if there are any variations.

Process of elimination narrows to only two variations possible, differentiated by production years.

11101-69095
11101-69096

We know there were variations in 2F/3F heads, based on market destination, the lower octane specifically receiving non-hardened valve seats and lesser compression ratios, which is what begs the question, here.

They kinda have a "we'll make it work for you" verbiage, but have heard before, and it is not "the same head".

Thanks, I'll see what I can find.

That is a "major" change part number difference, but I can check interchangeability.
also the -69*** is usually an indication of a service part or something like that. The original P/N would have been -60***.
I'll try to find an answer tonight, kind of a busy day at work today.

If money were no object, I'd say buy it and if it doesn't work, hang it on the wall. That thing is pretty.

Out of curiosity, I don't see any casting marks to indicate production date or anything like that. Toyota usually will put their logo(the トヨタ logo or the sombrero) as well as there would be a stamped date. This is to indicate "Original Parts" I could be wrong about this part, but I believe @beno even shows it in his avatar picture...

Last edited:
It has no casting marks of merit, as I'd asked months ago when first perusing and presenting, with similar questions, to Onur, Robbie, and others.

I don't know what that means. Other parts that I've purchased that were OE but repackaged have had casting ground off, which may be the case here, OR it may not have ever been stamped since industrial (which was lister's statement).

Odd scenario, all the way around, but if viable, it'd be a shiny metal crown, versus rebuilt core, the core I'll need anyway.

To build a new Toyota head is ~$3,600.00, the head itself about a 1/3 of that.

Cores are readily available for a couple of hundred, essentially the same thing as the new industrial head (well, what we're trying to determine) except this is shiny, hasn't seen a heat cycle, and as far as I can tell, would not require EGR/rear heater deletes. (The latter, I'm uncertain I want deleted.)

I have issues, I know, and against the advice of those with vast experience, rooted in many years of hands on dealings, I can't help but think a new hunk of metal is mo' betta than an old.

At this price point, I appease both those directives, and my own insensibilities.....but do not want to reinvent the wheel, common for most my out of the box endeavors.

Have two trains of thought going, both illogical, but a devil on one shoulder wants to see this built

image.jpg

The other shoulder wants to see the OS pistons utilized.

Either would be deserving of good head......

Those castings went away many years ago. Heads and the like don't have them anymore. At least for the parts we now get.

1FZ-FE specific parts (individual and not "assy form) all start with -66XXX. -69XXX does indeed indicate some type of major assy that comes with a bunch of bits.

Notice on the head picks above Chris there are no holes for the EGR valve on the PS of the head. Also, there is no hole for the exhaust manifold where the EGR gases would recirc.

This indicates the head is either NON-US carby application or other some such.

The block off plate and gasket are available in this market--meaning they are universal application across different engines.

-69XXX does indeed indicate some type of major assy that comes with a bunch of bits.

Is an assembly part number even valid?

Not offered as more than a bare head, I don't think, but the resource also does a 1FZ assembly that'd not offered either.

Notice on the head picks above Chris there are no holes for the EGR valve on the PS of the head.

Good thing.....right?

Also, there is no hole for the exhaust manifold where the EGR gases would recirc.

Better, still yet?

This indicates the head is either NON-US carby application or other some such.

Best I can ascertain, non-US appears to be cable of either carb or FE, using block offs for fuel pump, pre DI.

The block off plate and gasket are available in this market--meaning they are universal application across different engines.

I don't know Chris maybe it is just me seeing what I want to see but those combustion chambers look almost too good to be true. I mean they look like they are cleaned up enough to reflect light, that is usually several hundred dollars worth of porting and polishing.

The fact that as Beno said Toyota has block off plates for EGR makes me think they would just sell one head and if you didn't need EGR you would get the block off plates.

I think you're going to have to be the guinea pig on this one. My gut is telling me it is not a Toyota part. But that doesn't mean it is bad, if the tolerances are still ok.

And who is "They" that alone could be a large piece to this puzzle.

Last edited:
They've been asked....

Dunno why this horse is being beaten.....everyone I'm dealing with knows I'm friggin' nuts, so not like I'm gonna gain ground by finding an economical "new" head, as the suggestion that a core is just as good resounds.

It'd sure be nice to know of the stainless headers fit the 1FZ-FEs straight across the line up, too, but how would one ever tell?

They're proud of used in Oz, too proud to guinea pig, which surprised me, considering the aftermarket headers there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom