Howell Tbi troubleshooting questions and HELP (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had similar issues with a Howell setup on my old F150 (300 I6). I determined that it was starving for fuel when you accelerated. I put a gopro under the hood with the air cleaner off so I could watch what it was doing. Mine turned out to just be a dirty fuel filter. I also routed the fuel line in the engine compartment to run down into another fuel filter just before the TB. It acts as a little reservoir and keeps it from starving.
Another helpful tool is to get an ALDL cable and use something like TunerPro RT.

I had similar issues with a Howell setup on my old F150 (300 I6). I determined that it was starving for fuel when you accelerated. I put a gopro under the hood with the air cleaner off so I could watch what it was doing. Mine turned out to just be a dirty fuel filter. I also routed the fuel line in the engine compartment to run down into another fuel filter just before the TB. It acts as a little reservoir and keeps it from starving.
Another helpful tool is to get an ALDL cable and use something like TunerPro RT.
Love the GoPro idea, nice!
I’ll look into Tunerpro
Thx for the ideas!

Another question, is it normal to hear a “swoosh” sound when releasing the gas cap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom