Howell EFI vacuum routes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello! I have a 1984 FJ60 2F and am in the middle of the install of the Howell EFI kit. They sent me instructions for a V8 Jeep and online their cruiser instructions are very vague. I have searched high and low on here and found a set up for the FJ40. Does anyone have a diagram or, even better, pictures of how the vacuum lines are set up.

Also I am wondering about how you did the throttle cable?

Thank you in advance for your help.

You will need to follow the desmog thread thread. With the Holley Sniper TBI the only vac lines left are brake booster, dizzy advance, PCV, and charcoal canister. All other lines are eliminated.

You will need to follow the desmog thread thread. With the Holley Sniper TBI the only vac lines left are brake booster, dizzy advance, PCV, and charcoal canister. All other lines are eliminated.
Thank you. I think I have it figured out now. Any advice on the throttle cable?

Thank you. I think I have it figured out now. Any advice on the throttle cable?
Lokar i suppose. Might need to drill the arm coming through the firewall or use the throttle control provision at the top of the peddle.

@Jhitch31 how did you EFI turn out? Considering this kit myself.
It actually turned out pretty awesome. I
@Jhitch31 how did you EFI turn out? Considering this kit myself.
Getting all the wiring hooked up to the right places was very difficult. It seemed like every step was a challenge and took a lot of research to figure out. I also have next to no experience with wiring. I ended up finding someone on here that had done it on a 60 previously and he sent me a ton of helpful pictures. I finally got it done and I love it. During the install I was kicking myself for not spending the extra $700 on the Holley Sniper, but now that it's done, I'm happy with this. It starts up easy every time, even with 0 degree temps.
If you decide to do it, message me and I can send you pictures of whatever you need. Also, the Howell Tech Support is very helpful.

It actually turned out pretty awesome. I

Getting all the wiring hooked up to the right places was very difficult. It seemed like every step was a challenge and took a lot of research to figure out. I also have next to no experience with wiring. I ended up finding someone on here that had done it on a 60 previously and he sent me a ton of helpful pictures. I finally got it done and I love it. During the install I was kicking myself for not spending the extra $700 on the Holley Sniper, but now that it's done, I'm happy with this. It starts up easy every time, even with 0 degree temps.
If you decide to do it, message me and I can send you pictures of whatever you need. Also, the Howell Tech Support is very helpful.
@Jhitch31 You said you were kicking yourself for not getting the Holley Sniper, how come? Really curious as I'm about to pull the trigger on the Howell EFI setup.

@Jhitch31 You said you were kicking yourself for not getting the Holley Sniper, how come? Really curious as I'm about to pull the trigger on the Howell EFI setup.
It seemed like the Sniper would have been way easier to hook up. The Howell took me hours. It was way easier with pictures from a fellow mudder. If I had that help from the beginning, it would have gone a lot faster. After being done, it might have been a headache, but $700 is also a lot of money.

Lot of different results from the sniper installs. One crucial factor being the state of your engine. If you have low compression on any cylinders or have twitchy vacuum readings it's wise to address these issues first. Doesn't mean you have too, but it will matter.

IMG_20220217_102936.jpg
IMG_20220217_102941.jpg
IMG_20220217_102945.jpg
Distributor. White wire coming out of distributor connects to white Howell wire. I think the white wire from the distributor was connected to an existing Toyota wire. All 3 of those got connected together.

H- Howell
D- Distributor
T- black Toyota wire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom