Howdy y'all (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been around mud for a while now but until JohnVee told me about this part of mud last night, I didn't even know it existed. I've since joined the club and am looking forward to doing some events, once we get to do 'normal' stuff again. I've got an 05 100 series and a couple 60 series projects that I've documented here on Mud.

Anyway, just wanted to say Howdy and hope to see y'all around!

Welcome SHIfTHEAD. Sounds like a nice collection.
We are picture people here so lay em on us.

Welcome to the club.

welcome

welcome

Ha! I didn’t scare him off!!!

Looking forward to the Spring when we can get together in larger numbers again...I hope.

Nate - many people come here and never again venture into the other parts of MUD. There’s quite the brain trust happening here, just don’t let @GLTHFJ60 dictate your build...you’ll end up with god knows what, but it’ll be awesome no matter.

Thanks all, glad to inside the asylum walls. As for pics, well here's the one I am currently working on. It was a pretty solid truck, I drove it back from Arkansas a couple months ago. Drives great with the H55. Very little rust, nothing a little grinding and tacking can't fix.
20201217_183403.jpg

20201217_183418.jpg

@JohnVee brought me back from his trip to VA a fender and valence from @shmukster . The fender had a couple crusty fender tabs, so I cut them off the rust free, but crunched, fender that came off the truck and fixed it all up tonight. It's the two in the middle of the wheel well
20201217_183432.jpg

Next up is waiting for the Rust convertor to cure and then I'll be bolting it and the valence up this weekend. I've got to fix a couple rusty spots on the weatherstripping lip at the back and I'm done with rust fixing. Then the fun begins, sanding.

The other project on perma hold is my 62. I'm hoping my son gets a wild hare up his butt and takes me up on the offer. Sweat equity and it's his. We shall see.
20201217_184526.jpg

So that’s where the fender was headed. Good looking trucks and nice offer for the kiddo.

Love it! So the plan is to paint the rest of the truck white to match that fender, right? :p

Glad that fender is being put to good use! The truck it came from had the worst frame I have ever seen- and that's a lot of cruisers. I was on the roof making a cut from one side to the other, almost all the way through, when the frame buckled under me! Amazingly the front fenders were pretty much rust free although nothing else was!!!!

So your first contact was John V and you still wanted to join the asylum? Son, we gotta have a talk someday soon.

jC (fellow Fort Millian)
It was dark and raining, so I couldn't see his eyes. And he has SO MANY Land Cruisers, I had no chance.

Glad that fender is being put to good use! The truck it came from had the worst frame I have ever seen- and that's a lot of cruisers. I was on the roof making a cut from one side to the other, almost all the way through, when the frame buckled under me! Amazingly the front fenders were pretty much rust free although nothing else was!!!!
Thanks Gary, the valence is in great shape too! Also, that says something about how stiff these bodies are, eh?

These bodies are stiff? Now you tell me :)

131209378_3974270299270498_3986551572109913249_o.jpg

These bodies are stiff? Now you tell me :)

131209378_3974270299270498_3986551572109913249_o.jpg
That's a little nicer rotisserie than the one I built out of scraps I had. If I did this much I'd spend the money on a good one like yours.
20190220_203341.jpg

I had an old 3 ton hoist I cut up for the main towers and I think 3 of the Harbor Freight engine stands I had inherited over the years that I didn't need. Turned them all into one OK rotisserie. And mind you, this is a body that I had to fix this on first:
20190201_141107.jpg

After I cut off the roof section to chase the rust.
20190222_152405.jpg

Rebuilt the super structure under the roof:
20190225_203737.jpg

Then the roof
20190228_201110.jpg

By the way, I did all this while it was still on the frame.

The descent into madness is documented here: Builds - RAGE, rage against the dying of the light! | IH8MUD Forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom