How wide is a '73 windshield? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm having trouble getting my new windshield into the frame. I picked it up from a local Toyota dealer part #'s

56111-90800 Windshield
56121-60011 Weatherstrip
56122-60022 Weatherstrip

it seems to have more gap top to bottom than left to right. I didn't somehow get a later model.

I had the same problem and I ended up having to have the width cut down. From my understanding the correct one has been discontinued.

Ground Up said:
I had the same problem and I ended up having to have the width cut down. From my understanding the correct one has been discontinued.

Yup
I ordered 2 and both were for 76 or newer cruisers..Even though the part numbers said they were for a 74 cruiser... About an inch wider.

Dealer took them back because they where wrong and I got the lamanated glass cut from a local glass guy for $75.

Kevin

ok, about an inch wider. I don't have the old windshield, it was busted out and I've been running lexan for a year, so I don't have anything to compare to.

*Thread hijack*

Are the frames interchangeable for all years?

timbercruiser said:
*Thread hijack*

Are the frames interchangeable for all years?

Other than the wipers being in differant spots they are interchangable.

Kevin

Thank you. The rust monster is slowly eating my windshield and I will need one before too long.

If you change to a later model frame you'll need the hinges and if you plan to lay the windshield down you'll need new hood pads and they will need to be relocated.

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom