How tough is it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

theferg

SILVER Star
Threads
FZJ80 e-locker thirds.

Obviusly I know they're tough, but how tough are they? I've convinced a buddy that he needs e-lockers in his 40 and 55 :D and on the 40 he is running 38.5 swampers and the piggy he'll run 35s. I'm not worried about them not holding up to 35s, but what about bigger? Anybody runnin' 38.5s or so with your e-lock thirds? Ya, I know birfs are the weak point, but if you run longs or smurfs or something, and some 4340 or 300m shafts... Will this be just asking to kill that diff? We both think that we'd rather have a shaft or a birf go before a third ($$$$). What say ye? He was just gonna weld up his diffs, but obviously that is only sub-par to having them be selectable... I've never heard of anyone killin' one form an 80 series, and ony heard of a *few* non-locking thirds blowing up. I know they're damn stout...how stout? I say he should do it, but just thought I'd check into it for him.

-Ferg-

Well-Christo runs 40 inch tires and it survived the Rubicon on the 80's run, so I guess the answer is tough enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom